Chapter 7 - Kenzie's POV

I help Hazel lift Phillip into the car and then step in myself. I nod at Gale as if to say that everyone is in and he starts up the car and drives down the road. I'm sitting in the back next to Hazel and Amalie is on the other side of her. Maggie is in the front next to Gale, crying. She turns around and looks at me with her bloodshot eyes, "Is that fire still burning?" She asks.
I turn my head to the window and look at the smoke, it's grey. I nod.
"Gale, drive towards the fire!" Maggie demands.
"What no!" Gale shoves her hand off his shoulder.
"That fire would of been lit not that long ago if it's still burning and Glenn couldn't have turned that quickly" Maggie gives him a stern look.
"Well he did, we saw him as a walker" Gale sighs.
"I didn't, only the back of his head, not his face! It might've not been him!" Maggie's voice has raised to a shout.

Just as I start to tune their arguing out Hazel whispers to me, "what fire are they talking about?"
I have no effort to talk so I just point to it through the window.
"I made that fire, Kenzie" she murmurs, "I had to leave it because it was affecting my lungs"
Gale must've over heard her because he says, "see Maggie, Glenn didn't even make that fire! He's dead, get over it"
Just as Maggie starts to breakdown in tears again, Gale stops the car and puts his arms around her. By looking at Maggie's disgusted face I can tell she does not want this but she has no will in her to move him off her.

"Gale, you're wasting time. We have no supplies and we need to get to Costco soon, now drive!" Amalie shouts at Gale. Gale rolls his eyes at my sister but does as she says because he knows it's the truth.

I haven't said anything in a while and I don't know what to do. I feel like crying. We're almost at Costco now which was a half and hour drive and Maggie is still crying.

When we arrive at Costco I get out slowly. We walk up to the large doors. Gale knocks on the door. A man the same age as Maggie opens the door Maggie looks up as he says her name.

"GLENN!!!" Maggie screams she starts crying her eyes out a she hugs Glenn. I can't even force a smile because of Fliss, she was my world and now she's gone .

Maggie and Glenn finish there reunion and we get settled in. We have our own area, me and Amalie with a double bed. As Costco had a lot of tv's we have our own 60 inch curved tv. Obviously no one really cares as nothing's on tv but we still could watch DVDs if we wanted to.

I think about Fliss . I've known her since I was 11. I hold on to every moment I spent with her as tears start running down my face.

Maggie walks over to me looking concerned .

"Kenzie, what's wrong?" She asks

"Fliss" I whisper as the tears stream down my face.

"I'll get Amalie " Maggie tells me. I nod as she goes away to look for her.

I don't really listen when Amalie gives me a long talk about not worrying because Fliss is in a better place now. I feel bad because she really does care. I've decided to not show that I mind anymore.

A bit later we cook some meat on an oven being powered by gas.
I'm getting worried about Maggie as she can't stop being sick, I don't really know why.

Me and Amalie go to bed at 10 ish as we were tired from the day.

I wake up to her screaming and people shouting. I sit in my bed and about 5 minutes later I hear a loud cheer and people chanting: " CAESAR! CAESAR! CAESER!"