13

Closing my eyes, I lean in. He must have been thinking the same thing because his lips were on mine. Our lips touch and it feels like it was before. My body hungers for his lips. My hands go to his head and I pull him closer. He bites my lip causing me to moan as I open. His tongue and mine fight for power. I let him have because I want to feel what is was like before. I hear something and I pull away. I place my hands on his chest as I catch my breath. I take a moment before looking up at him. Our eyes lock and they say so much.

"I-I should leave"I say

What the fuck was I thinking? 

"Just like that? We aren't going to talk?"He states standing up

"About?"

"What just happened?!"

I grab my bags as I grab my phone. I look at him before fixing my eyes on the door.

"It shouldn't have happened"I say quietly

"You can't do that!"He states upset with frustration

"I'm sorry Nick"

******

I run out of my car, holding my bag close as the rain pours. I put my purse on top of my head as I hurry to the emergency phone. I hit a rock and my ankle twists.

"Ow!"I shout

I ignore the pain trying to reach the phone. Once I reach it, I try to think of who to call. My ankle is in so much pain I dial the first number that I could think of.

As it rings I look at my ankle, by the looks of it, it is already swelling. I look back at the machine to check who I dailed

Shit!

Just as I was about to hang up the phone he answers

"Hello?"The raspy voice answers "Hello?"

I pause but, the pain is too much

"Hi-hi, sorry. It's me"

"Is everything alright?"

"I will be, I didn't mean to call you. I'l-"

"What is it?"He demands

"Stubborn man"I huff "I was on my way back from the airport and my car broke down. I'm near Dannyhills and my phone died not to mention its pourin-"

"I'm on my way"

"No, I'll dial-"

The phone goes dead and I'm left with the annoying buzz. I hang the phone back and limp back to the car. I get in, closing it behind me. I lock the door and sigh, I'm so tired, I just got off my flight and this how I'm spending the night. Seeing my baby Charlie was the most needed thing ever. I was able just to focus on her and catch up. Now, I'm about to face Nick who hasn't spoken to me since the last time we spoke. 

Our kiss shouldn't have happened...not only because we aren't together but, because I AM with Tucker. Or was.....my heart and ankle start to hurt more just before Nick pulls up. I hurry out of the car, limping to his car. He unlocks it and looks at me worriedly. I get in slowly vefore closing the door and buckling up.

"What the hell happened to your ankle?!"

"I just hurt it a little bit"I wince as I move it away from his view

"I'm taking you to get it looked at"

"No, you aren't supposed to be driving well on meds. Just take us home"I state demanding 

His whole face expression changes and I look at him oddly "What now?"

"Home?"

I lean my head on the window and pretend he didn't point it out. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. His scent feels my nostisl and it makes me feel at peace.

***** 

I feel a touch on my ankle which makes me wince as I open my eyes. When I open my eyes, I notice I'm in Nicks bedroom...on his bed. I look down and I notice I'm not in the clothes I was in but, I was in his shirt. In front of me was a man and Nick who didn't notice me awake.

"What is this?"I whisper

They look up at me and the man smiles "I'm the doctor, I was here eariler taking out Nick's stitches and he asked that I pause until he came back. Good thing ain't it"He chuckles softly

I smile softly looking at Nick "You sprained your ankle, nothing rest and meds can't fix. You'll need to stay in bed"He orders

"But, Doctor, I need to help Nic-"

"I'm fine, you left me home alone. I think I can manage helping you"Nick chuckles

I glare at him and plead with the doctor but, I knew I wasn't going to get away with it. 

So here I am, in bed eating ice cream next to Nick quietly as he works. I feel odd next to him, in my old spot doing things I used to do. I set my bowl on the nightstand and get deeper in the blankets. I warm myself up again before looking at Nick...for a long time.

"You like what you see?"He smirks taking off his glasses

I roll my eyes "You like this too much"

"I don't like you in pain but, I like that I have a chance to take care of you again"

"Well it won't be for long. I have to go my home"

"Right"

I look over at him and we hold a look before he speaks up "Do you think about what it would have been if we stayed together?"

I close my eyes and I shake my head no. I open my eyes and he looks away, as I drift off I whisper to myself...

Yes

XoXo