17

Zipping up my suitcase, I dread the thought of going back home. After long hours of conversations with many back and forth, I am leaving with Charlie to pack up our home. Just the basics because Nick stated that we should keep the house when we want to visit our little family there. I am so grateful for the idea because though I want this to work, I can't be too sure.

 Fixing my shoe, I hear Nick enter the room. Smiling looking at him, I notice why I fell in love with him. Like his heart and his devotion to the family but, his looks. Damn! The way the white shirt hugs him tightly and the pants hug him right. 

"I wish I could come and help you" He whispers to me, pulling me closer to him

"I wish you could too, we finally have something good happening and I have to leave"

"I could just send someone to do all that. Charlie, you and I can escape to the beach house"

I face him with a big smile "That does sound nice and relaxing"

"You could sip margaritas, sunbathing while Charlie and I build the biggest sandcastle"He dreams

"She would love that"

"And after she is in bed not only could we drink Sex On The Beach but, we could make it happen" He whispers softly sending chills down my spine

"As dreamy as that sounds, I feel like if we want this to work, we have to do this" I explain "Though, I understand. There's a lot of work to do"

"Work that I can't wait to have complete because that means, this fine ass of yours is home, "He says slapping my butt

"Nick!"I giggle 

"It's true, I mean besides my daughter being home,"He says in a duh tone

Kissing his cheek before pulling away, I glance at everything "Are you sure you are ok with putting the house on the market?"

He nods "We are starting fresh and that means the house too"

"I remember how excited we were about this being our family home"I remind him

"And it didn't work out"He sighs "This time it will be better, I promise"

Smiling I hug him once more "Can you put the bags in the car?"

"Sure, I think Charlie is in her room saying goodbye to her toys"He chuckles as do I

Walking outside the room I speak up again "Johnny is going to be here at 3 so he should be there to help you" 

"I don't need help, I am a grown man"

"Whatever you say"

******

Placing the keys in the door, I feel calmness opening it. Charlie runs in as Candice walks towards her home. I grab the bags and pull them inside. Closing the door, I start a quick load of laundry before running upstairs jumping in bed. I pop off my shoes and snuggle my blankets. 

"Charlie, what do you think about ordering pizza?" I yawn

I hear her squeal as I grab my phone dialing the number for the pizza. Once everything is set, I call the guys over and invite them over.

"Charlie! JJ and Finn are on their way!"

"Ek!"She screams running downstairs

I change into sweats and throw my hair up, walking downstairs to see Charlie putting on makeup

"Missy, what do you think you are doing?" 

"I getting ready like you mommy"

I look between the two of us and mentally laugh at the both of us