5

Thank you for voting FeliciaAkinyemi

*****

I look into the mirror with my hands shaking, scared to move. I'm in a hotel room on his floor. Johnny said he would get him to 'come' in here somehow but, didn't tell me when. He could come through that door any minute. It would be the first time in four years...that I would look at his face. I've ignored all channels were he might appear up on and ignored all magazines. I chose to meet him on his last day that way he would have to leave right after because of important meetings, from what Johnny told me. I move to the bed, crossing my legs, with one bobbing up and down. My hands sweat badly, as I rub them against my jeans. I look in the mirror, I should have worn something better. Here I sit in ripped mom jeans and a grey, off the right shoulder knitted top with old white shoes. He used to me dressing better than this but, since moving here to Nashville my style changed...a lot. What am I thinking?! Who cares what I wear...but, oh look at my face. I should have worn makeup but, then again I almost did back out. The only thing keeping me here is my baby girl. No, I couldn't bring her here but she is growing up without him is sad for me. I shouldn't do this to her or him. He would be a great father. I can't do this, what am I thinking!? Am I ready for our life to change? I stand up grabbing my bag quickly and keys when I hear voices outside the door making my blood run cold.

"No, I don't need to come in there. I need to get on the plane"He speaks

"Paparazzi found out your room number. They will be up here soon, hideout inside this one until its time"Johnny explains

What?

"I'll wait in-Johnny!"

The door opens and he is pushed in. He is facing the door and Johnny has made eye contact with me. I drop my keys from my sweaty hands and he turns around.

"Wha-Rebbeca"He names

I look at Johnny who nods and closes the door. I bend down to grab my keys

"I can't do this"I mumble

I get up and stare back at him "Y-you're here"

He walks over fastly and hugs me tight "My love, you're here" His voice shakes a little bit, I lean into him before rethinking my actions

I push out of his arms "I'm leaving, sorry" I begin to walk past him and he grabs my hand

"You can't leave Rebbeca"

I pause from moving

"Where have you been?"

He looks lost and confused. He grabs his head and paces back and forth "I need to g-"

"No"

I turn to leave and walk away "Sit down!"

I jump and turn around "I'm sorry, Nick, I thought I coul-"

"We need to talk Rebbeca! You disappeared a-and with my child!"

My blood shivers against me and tears form "N-nick-"

"Sit down please"He begs

I grab onto my purse tighter and look away. I walk over to the armchair and sit down. 

"Where-How are you?"He asks sitting down

"I'm fine"

"How is the baby?"He whispers 

"Nick, we talk about whatever we have to speak about. I want my child left out of-"

"Our child that I haven't been there for because you ran away from me! Why? Why would you leave me!? Our marriage!?"He stands up