A Long Day

Hello- Thoughts

"Hello"- Edward hearing thoughts

A/N: Finished this chapter early!

.........

After Edward and Orion went to get food, they reluctantly separated to get to their next class. Orion was disappointed that they didn't have any more classes together because being around his mate helps with his empathy. His mate. What would his dad think? Would he approve?

(Short time skip to his last class, he's still worrying about his dad)

Orion was more worried about his dad's reaction than anything else. He just finally settled and got to know his dad and he didn't want anything to disrupt the peace that they had. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't see Bella Swan approach him. He was currently in the back of the class, sitting in his seat. It was the last period of the day and he wasn't listening to anything the teacher was saying. In fact, he wasn't even aware of what class it actually is. Math? History?

Bella cleared her throat and Orion rose an eyebrow at her. "Yes?"

Jealousy. Wonder. The immense amount of jealousy she is feeling is leaving Orion with a bitter taste in his mouth. It's her first day as well. Why is she so jealous?

"How do you know the Cullens?" Bella asked straightforwardly.

Orion smiled. "I don't see how it's any of your business, but if you were paying attention to what I was saying earlier, you would know."

She turned an ugly shade of red. He felt that she was stunned and turned to his left to look out of the window. He loved that this town was always so cloudy. The Dursley's would always make him go outside on the porch when it rained and it became a sort of haven for him. Vernon didn't beat him when he was outside. Orion was eternally grateful that he has his dad. All he had to do now was tell him about his mate.

He jolted in his seat when he heard the bell ring. He packed up his stuff and started to walk out the door. Bella was in front of him, so when she stopped right outside the classroom, he almost rammed into her. "This human is testing the limits of my patience," Orion thought. 

When Orion went to snap at her, he felt his empathy mute. Relaxing, he noticed this as a sign that his mate was outside the classroom. Now all he felt was annoyed because now he knew that Bella was distracted because of his mate.

Muttering under his breath about crazy plain girls, he walked past the stunned girl and approached Edward. "Hey," Orion smiled.

"Can we hurry and leave before I curse her?" he thought to Edward.

Amusement. "Come on Orion, I'll walk you to your car," Edward held out his arm and Orion shyly grabbed onto it.

As Edward led him out of the school, Orion looked behind him and smirked. Bella was standing there with her mouth hanging open. "I hope she got the message that you're taken." Orion was particularly smug about this.

Edward chucked. "I'm sure she did, Ry." Orion blushed at the nickname. "How is your empathy? Are you doing okay now that I'm with you?" Edward asked.

"Yes, it's fine, Ed. The emotions are muted when you're close to me or when we touch," Orion explained.

Orion felt adoration coming from Edward. He frowned in confusion before his grey eyes widened. Orion blushed some more when he realized he called Edward, "Ed". He hoped he liked it and didn't think he was childish.