Missing them (Albert x reader )

(A/n from the Broadway musical)

(Your POV)
I awake in the night by small cries, I flip over. I look at Albert's face realizing it wasn't him. 'Phew that's good' I thought. I get up and as my feet hit the hard cold floor a chill runs through me. I walk closer to the cries and a go to a bunk where one of our newest and littlest newsie lay. He looks up at me and without a word jump into my arms.
  "It's alright little one" I said trying to calm him down. He continues to cry, as I pick him up and bring him into the common room.

"I miss my mommy and daddy" the little boy says quietly. And immediately my heart breaks. I sit on the couch so the boys head is in my lap. He was just brought here three days ago, sometimes I forget that these kids don't know that they'll never see their parents again.  

"I know" I say.  

"But you know what, youse got us now. Me, Albert, Race, Jack, Davey and Les! And Les is about your age, so I bet you'll be great friends" I say and give him a small smile. He begins to cry again, you start to stroke his nose (A/N you know like in Frozen 2, yeah that) and sing him a lullaby. He eventually falls asleep and you begin to grow more tired, you didn't even realize that Albert was standing in the door frame of the room. He smiled when he saw the boy cuddled up with you and he went to sit on the other side of you.

  You cuddle into his side and he give you a kiss on the top of your head.  

"I never knew you were so good with kids" Albert says.  

" Yeah well, I just said what I'd always wanted someone to say to me when I was his age and came here..." you trailed off. You felt tears forming in my eyes, I sniffed one time and Albert moved my head so he could look in my eyes. He kisses my stray tear away and I smile a bit. 

" Ya know what y/n.." he was cut of by my yawn. "Ah, neva mind, I tell you in the morning" He give you a kiss on the lips and the three of you fell asleep on the couch, not wanting to wake the sleeping boy.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N so was that good? I've never written anything on here before, this was an idea that came into my head like really early in the morning haha, so here is it.