Chapter 7

As it turns out, they did not pass on playing on the 'tourney field' after all. Nope, the boys were sent over there as soon as the bell rang, signalling a free period that most people apparently used to watch some princes throw a ball and hit one another with sticks. I saw a much better, and bloodier version back at the Isle. But then, I suppose this was Auradon and they clearly weren't going to condone violence. Which was a shame, since Jay was barrelling through them, clearly gaining the attention Coach Jenkins who was yelling for Carlos to pick up the pace or whatever. 

I wasn't paying attention if I'm honest, more focused on planning the next stage of my plan. I had to talk to Persephone, which I was hoping would be within the week since I still wasn't sure when the others would attempt to get the wand again. And I knew that Hades was far from patient. 

I knew the gist of what I would say to her, but I was more concerned with how she would react. How Zeus would react, and if he would accept my story. After all my years of cursing him, would he believe anything I said?

I let out a groan, running a hand through my hair. I had to focus on Persephone, and her only or I was going to drive myself insane trying to pre-plan everything. I'm not a seer. No, instead I had to keep tabs on the others, keeping up with their plan without getting involved. 

That was the only way I was going to do this successfully.

"You don't look like you're having fun." A smooth voice said from beside me. I sighed, tilting my head to look up at a girl with dark, short brown hair. She grinned at me, as if I was some friend that she had just seen earlier that day and sat down on the bench beside me. 

I scowled in response, turning my gaze away. I swear, if this girl expects me to be friends with her. She placed one leg over the other before brushing her hair out of her eyes, ever so slightly tilting her head at me to furrow her brow. I rolled my eyes, arms folded. 

"You're Hades's daughter right?" She says, "I'm Raegan, Rapunzel's daughter." 

I sniffed, "Do I care?" 

"Probably not. I mean, you are a goddess after all, I just assumed you-" 

"Might wanna be friends?" I scoffed, mimicking her voice, shaking my head. "Look, princess, I'm not here to make friends. I don't want friends." My eyes narrowed as I spoke, grey flames in my hair flickering. 

I hoped my hostility would ward her away, and I wouldn't have to deal with talking to her. I really needed to think about what I was going to say to Persephone.

Raegan frowned a little before leaning back. "Why wouldn't you want friends? I mean, it's pretty hard not to in Auradon, everyone wants to know everyone."

She then paused before waving a hand at the clusters of students who were all talking to one another. No one seemed especially hostile to one another, maybe a little off: casting annoyed glances, muttering in tighter groups behind cupped hands. But, honestly all to be expected from the petty lives of a prince or princess.

Raegan continued staring at me, like she expected an answer. I glared back. Her hair was a light brown, short and choppy, hanging just at her jawline. Similar hair style to mine, only my hair was lightly longer- and had flames in it.

"Well, princess, I don't want to know anyone." I stated. "Go pick some other VK to bother."

Raegan rolled her eyes, which shocked me for a moment though I didn't show it. A princess rolling her eyes? Was that level of sass actually permitted here?

"Don't call me a princess. I take more from my father than my mother." She grumbled slightly, like the idea of being a princess offended her. The corner of my lips twitched.