Chapter 8.

❝I'll plant a row of daisy seeds,
In the space below each eye,
So they'll remind you of your beauty,
When they bloom each time you cry.❞

Felix

Felix

Humming along to the radio, I drove to pick Owen up from school on my way from work. The mere of idea of his smile as he would see me pick him up makes my mouth curve into a smile of it's own. Then, going back home to find Evelyn waiting for us, ready to bicker with me. Oh, how I love bickering with that redhead.

Pulling my sunglasses down, I walked out of the car, locking it and walking into the building. Kids with tiny backpacks skipped holding hands with their parents, briefing them about the first day of school. As I made my way to Owen's class, my heart dropped.

There she stood, the so called mother of my child, the woman I hate more than anyone could ever comprehend. It took all the patience inside me to not pull her away from Owen, as she bent to her knees and looked at him with those steel blue eyes I once trusted. Owen looked up at her in a confused manner, almost scared.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Almost yelling out loud, I walked to them, gently dragging Owen towards me.

"Oh, Felix. We've been waiting for you."

She pursed her lips into that ever famous pout, making disgust run through me. What does she want now, after all these years without a single contact? She had the audacity to leave her own child alone, crying without the love of a mother, without once informing anyone about her whereabouts.

"Why are you with my son?" Controlling my anger, I picked Owen in my arms, facing away from her.

"He's our son, Felix." She emphasised. "I'm his mother."

"You're his what now?" Nothing could help me from controlling the bitter laugh. "His mother? Tell me one thing you know about being a mother. I don't think being a mother involves running away from you responsibilities and leaving a sobbing child alone, deprived of love."

"Oh cut that." She waved her hand nonchalantly, clearly not caring about it. "You've got a new mother for him anyways, haven't you?"

"You aren't half the person she is."

"Neither do I wish to be." She snickered. "How did you even choose her? That bland simpleton. What's her name? Evelyn, right?"

"Control your mouth, Stella. That's my wife you're talking about. Before you utter another word, I am warning you. Stay away from my son. I don't care what you're up to and why you are back in the city but I do not want you close to my family. Try harming my family and I'll forget boundaries."

Before she could open her mouth in defeat, I stormed out with Owen.

×■×

Evelyn