Chapter 3.

❝ 'I don't believe in magic.'
The young boy said.
The old man smiled.
'You will, when you see her.' ❞ 

~Atticus

Evelyn

"Geez...they've done it well." I gaped looking at his closet organised perfectly with my clothes on one side and his on the other.

"Indeed." I heard his voice behind me.

"What now?" I asked, literally not knowing anything.

"What now?" The dumbo repeated making me narrow my eyes. "Oh...I mean I'll go shower. You can go after me."

"I'm not taking a shower."

"What?"

"I said I'll not shower. Do you have a hearing disability or something?"

"No, what I mean is...how can you not shower?"

"Like this?" I waved my hands around my body, shrugging.

"God, you're annoying."

"Says who?"I quipped back, ready to bicker.

"Look, I don't have the time to fight now of all times. Weren't you tired a minute ago?"

"I am!"

"I'll just go then."

Picking out a t-shirt and boxers, he left without a word. Why do I care if he left without a word? I should be happy instead. Yes, I'm happy. But, I still can't ignore the fact that I do enjoy bickering with the guy. Maybe that's because it has become a habit, or maybe because it's the only time we talk. Whatever the reason might be, I love to bicker with him.

Tired of the heavy Ballgown Wedding dress, I hastily zipped it down and hung it back in it's package. I'd forgotten to bring anything to wear at night. So, I informed Mom to arrange it for me. I just hope it's something...wearable.

Opening the wardrobe, I found a collection of silk nightgowns in various colours. I've never worn any of these in my entire life. As I picked between them, I noticed that all of them were...lacy and short. Woah! They were all Victoria Secret's.

I know what you did there Mom.

Well, I obviously did not have any option. So, I chose for a V-Neck Coral Nightgown with Spaghetti Straps. It does show my cleavage more than it should, but I'll have to wear it someday anyways, so why not now?