Chapter 2.

❝Sometimes two broken hearts find each other, and then they heal each other,
They protect each other, and they love each other for the rest of their lives.❞ 

Evelyn

Evelyn

"We're married." Felix blurted out all of a sudden when we were halfway to home, to eliminate the silence, maybe.

"Oh! Thanks for informing me. Man, I was wondering we went to the church to attend a cremation." I couldn't help but bite back a sarcastic reply. I'm getting the chance, so why let it go?

"Sarcastic aren't we, Mrs. Anderson?" Shit. Why did I just feel my heart flutter at the mention of this new name? Let's hope it's just the wine.

"We're here, Sir." The chauffeur announced, as the car decelarated. Soon, he was at my side, opening the door.

And then, I entered the apartment. I'm already used to being in. It was the same old one, but still so new. Perhaps it was the absence of Owen, or maybe just the fact that I was a married woman now.

"It feels...different without Owen." I kicked off those damned high-heels at a corner and took off my veil, throwing it on the table.

"Hey! What do you think are you doing?" He marched over to me keeping his phone in his breast pocket.

"Uh-making myself comfortable, 'cause you didn't mind asking." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Excuse me, you can't just throw things around in my house. How can you be so...unorganised?"

"Unorganised?" My voice rose an octave, just like his had. "Listen Mister, my feet feel like I've walked on iron nails and I'm tired. Stop fighting me right now."

"Fighting you? I just told you to keep your shoes-"

"Ugh! Can we please not argue right now, Felix. Let's save that for later."

"Fine." He rolled his eyes, but I knew he felt the same too, he just wouldn't say it.

"You know what, I'm sort of hungry. You got something to eat?" I asked just as I felt my stomach rumble, I didn't eat well over there and knew he hadn't too. Not like that mattered, probably.

"Well, I'm hungry too. We have some snacks stocked up, we'll just have them, I suppose." He turned his back,  walking to the kitchen.

"Great! Bring it on." Sighing audibly I flopped down on the couch.

"Cheetos?" I heard him ask from the kitchen.

"Sure!" I propped my legs up on the table. I was too tired to care about anything.

"Some ice-cream?"

"Oh yes, bring the ice-cream."

"Woah-"

I turned my head to look at him. He was holding a tub of ice-cream in one hand and some bags of Cheetos in the other. He stood with wide blue eyes, staring down at me.

"Wh-what?"

"Oh well...I-I never expected to see a bride sitting with her legs propped up on a table with her gown on."

"Well, start getting used to surprises." I shrugged. "Now bring on the food."

Felix

Having done with the snacks, we retired off to our respective rooms. Yep, a married couple with separate rooms. We aren't interested in this, then why share rooms? I'll sleep in mine, she'll sleep in hers.

"Felix!"

I heard her shriek from her room just as I had entered mine and removed the suit jacket. Can't the woman be quite for even a second? Her room was right across mine, so I ran off to see what was wrong.

Opening the door, I found her standing dumbfound in the middle of the room. Which meant that the room was empty, like completely empty. No bed, no dressing table; nothing.

"Where's everything?"

"How would I know?"

"Check the closet." Together we ran to the walk in closet. Opening the doors, we found nothing, all empty.

"My clothes!" She whined, rotating in a circle.

"Wait-" Then, I saw it. A piece of paper lying on top of a drawer. I instantly recognised my mother's letters. "This is from...Mom, maybe."

"What does it say?" She stood on top of her toes, trying to read.

"Dear Evelyn and Felix,

Oh dear! Did you two actually think we'd let you sleep separately? You're smart but don't forget that we are your parents as well. Yes, we've sold away all the furniture and all of Evelyn's stuff is in Felix's room now.

Don't try to outwit us, we know you can't. None of you can sleep on Owen's bed. The tiny one is too small for you. Just try sleeping together, okay? These small things will help you bond together. That's what everyone wants.

If you're wondering about what would happen to this room, we're thinking about turning it into a study or a playing-room for Owen or maybe...a room for his soon coming siblings ;)

LOL,
Dads and Moms"

"Siblings? What's wrong with them?" I crumpled the paper and threw it in a corner.

"And what do they mean by LOL?"

"Oh, that is Lots of Love for my Mom. Although both the abbreviations would work in this situation." I bit back a grin.

"Do you think this is funny, Mr. Anderson?"

"No, Mrs. Anderson, it's not. Would you please be kind enough to now come into my room and have the privilege of-"

"Oh shut up." Scoffing, she brushed passed me and walked to my room's direction.

Whatever they say, I absolutely love bickering with this girl.

~

A/N : Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter. Better things planned ahead. :)