11 | surprises

"Every seconds count."
- Clairo

21 September 2018

Riley

"You're coming back?" I asked, thrilled to hear Kyle's voice.

"Yes, in two weeks," he replied sternly. He had changed.He wasn't the same joyful and funny guy like a month ago.
I knew that his mom passed away but there seemee to be something deeper in the story.

"Hey babe," I turned around to find Isaac dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie.His hair was pushed back messily and that was a trait of him that made me go fucking mental.

"I'll catch up with you soon, Kyle.Take care." After sharing out goodbyes, I hung up and I focused on Isaac.

"So, what's up?" I asked, pulling my notebook out of my backpack.I scribbled down my additional notes for Chemistry and smiled when I felt the familiar pair of arms encircling my waist.

"I love you, you know that right?" he asked, pecking my cheek and I nodded in return. I loved the insecure side of Isaac. He asked me the same question quite a few times.He was afraid that I'd leave him for someone better... but I was better with him.

"I've got to use the restroom," I mumbled before taking my backpack from the bench.

"Can't I come?" Isaac pouted and I laughed, pinching his rose tinted cheeks.

"You're cute."

I sighed in relief when I reached the bathroom.I spotted a familiar brunette brushing her long,glowy hair.

"Look who it is," she spitted with an evil laugh.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Wait, the voice is so piercing yet so familiar.

"Christiana, the ex-girlfriend and soon-to-be girlfriend of your future ex-boyfriend." I laughed uncontrollably at her choice of words.

"You know, you would probably obtain a clown job in a zoo."

"And you'd obtain a job as a floor cleaner judging by your look," she spitted.

"Dear, there's nothing wrong with cleaning the floor and besides, cleaners help people like me from catching infections - in other words, you." She gasped before I felt a punch on my cheek.

"You're not going to get out alive, I swear to God." I snatched the thin brush out of her grip and threw it aside in case she wanted to use it as a weapon for self-defense.

I slapped her repeatedly and stopped dead in track when blood started dripping out of her nose.

"Fuck you bitch!" I screamed before getting out of the room.I was aware that my hair looked like a bird's nest and that my face like a bloody body but I didn't give a damn fuck.I pullrf out my phone and texted Isaac.

Riley Hills
Meet me in the park asap.

Baby
Ok princess.

A few minutes later, Isaac showed up. He eyed me for a few seconds before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Babe, what happened? Are you hurt?"

"No... your crazy ex slapped me and I got carried away..." I muttered, tying my hair in a messy bun.

"Let's go clean up this wound across your cheek." Was I too angry not to notice the slight bruise? I nodded in agreement. Isaac's fingers laced with mine. We made it to the nursery and just when we were about to exit the room, Principal Matters appeared. A fuming Principal Matters.