07 | kisses

"It's a slow cinnamon summer,
your spell is pulling me under."
- Jome

28 July 2018

Riley

"Of course I'll come," I replied to Jane Hollister,a popular chick from school who just invited me to her party.Jane Hollister and I weren't the greatest of friends but we got along pretty well.

"Great,you can bring Zoe." I thanked her for the invite before ending the call. Jane requested to invite Zo since, as per the rumors, she has an enormous crush on her.

"Riley?" I heard the strict familiar voice behind the door.

"Yes dad?" Since I came back yesterday, the only conversation I had with my dad was the one where he asked about my location during the
past week.

"Nicole,Dylan and I are going out to visit Mrs.Coleton's new restaurant.
Would you like to tag along?" 'No' was my only reply and only option.When
I heard the footsteps fade,I scurried to my closet and took out some of my best party outfits.

After a good hour,I finally came out with a short black leather dress paired with a pair of combat boots of the same colour.I wasn't really feeling
the colorful vibes,especially for a
Hollister party.

Zoe came by two hours before the party so that she could get ready.She opted for a pair of black leather pants and a velvet red tank top,paired with black stilletos.

How could she manage to walk with those heels?I'd fall down before even putting it on.

Zoe did my makeup.She wanted to go crazy on the look but I declined her offer.I should have known that my opinion wouldn't count at that moment. She stroked my eyes with a dark crease of black.It was very fierce and too extra for me since I rarely wore dark eye shadow.

"Miller will go head over heels," Zoe chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't even like me Zo."

"So, you like him?Huh?" I chuckled.It
was undeniable that I was falling for my opponent -- a feeling that I should have never experienced.

We reached Jane Hollister's house at 9 p.m sharp and I was currently seated on a white leather couch while Zoe was with a guy that I presume to be his friend or boyfriend.On our way, I
called Kyle to invite him but he politely denied the offer.I just wanted him to have fun -- to clear his mind off a little bit.

"Hills,didn't know the new you would be here?" Bitch.

"I was forced to come," I lied and he smiled knowingly.Was I such a bad liar?

"Would you like to go for a walk?" and I hummed in response. His hands entwined with mine as we left the suffocating and sweaty atmosphere.

"Why did you change yourself?" I should have felt that question coming.

"My friend suggested a change and maybe because my parents don't like me the way I am," I admitted truthfully. This was another reason for my sudden change.I talked about it to my friend and that was her first option.

"Riley... If someone doesn't like you for the way you are,you don't have to change. People are always obnoxious and you know it... even I am and you are but if someone asked you to kill yourself because you are ugly,would you listen?"

"No," I replied with a small voice.I didn't know why Isaac's words left an effect on me. I was on the point of crying and I did not like to cry. Especially in front of him. He would consider me as a weak person and he would use that as an advantage to ruin me.