09 | messages

"I was so lost in the game."
- Jome

3 August 2018

Isaac

I grunted as I snatched my phone from Christina's hand.She has been following me the whole day at school even after I made it clear that I wanted nothing to do with her.

How the hell did she even manage to take my phone when I locked it in my locker?

She didn't even know the pin code.

"Fuck off," I growled, pushing her away as she tried to kiss me.

On my way to meet Roderick,I received a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown
You are invited to Garrett O'Connell's party. Make sure to attend the event:).

Why the fuck would my fucking cousin throw a random party?

Yes,meet Garrett O'Connell, my annoying cousin who fortunately didnt attend LockWood High, like me. He was just a typical playboy.

School days passed by and it was time for the party.I sprayed my favorite cologne on and took a final glance into the mirror.My fucking shirt was creased but who cared?

We were in 2020,after all.

I drove off to Garrett's house and within half an hour, I was already parked in his private parking lot. I knew I would get bored by Garrett's company, so I called my friends but turned out they were all too busy.

I tried calling Riley multiple times but it went straight to her voice mail - it seems like she blocked me or maybe I was just hallucinating.But, being the genius boy I was, I texted her twin, Dylan who instantly replied.At first, she did not want to tell me where Riley was at but then gave up and told me that Ryl and her would be here tonight.

She better didn't lie to me since Riley was the only reason I was coming to that stupid party.

How could Aunt Loren even let her throw a party, randomly?

I pushed open the glassy door and the sweaty bodies mending together kind of disgusted me as I wasn't the type of guy that would sway his ass from left to right;which is also called dancing to be more precise.

I roamed through the massive living room and spotted Dylan chatting with a guy. I felt bad for interrupting her conversation but I really needed answers.

"Hey Dylan," I greeted, as she pulled me into a welcoming hug.

"I can finally meet the one and only Isaac Miller in person," she joked. We had only talked via social media and as she said, this was our first time meeting each other officially.

"Do you mind telling me where is Riley?" I asked, straight forward.

"Sure, she went to fetch a drink in the kitchen if I'm not wrong." I thanked her before heading to the kitchen.It took some time to find it since I usually didn't come here much.

"Let me go." I immediately recognized the voice.

"We can have some fun first," I saw hear the guy standing in front of Riley whisper while his disgusting hand ran along her waist.Without losing any more seconds,I took action.

"Fucking leave her," I growled and my gaze intensified as her eyes mended with mine but the connection was cut off when she looked away.

The guy faced me and I internally cringed.