A War Within (A sequel to 'The Way That Things Are): Chapter 11

*Chapter RECAP!!*

"Hi Mrs. Cotrell, I know that its late and all, but is Kenai here?" her voice quivered. 

"Um, yes he is. But this is a really bad time, can it wait?" mom asked. 

"Not really," said Robin. "Its kinda urgent." 

"Well," she  hesitated. Um, Kenai! Robin is here for you." mom yelled from the hallway. My heart pumped in fear. I looked over at Dad, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Go on." he shrugged. I walked into the hallway. Robin stood in the hallway, with her eyes avoiding mine. 

"What's going on?" I asked looking at mom, and back at Robin, who was still staring at the ground.

"I don't know," mom shut the door. "But I'll let you two talk. We will finish talking in a second." she said leaving the hallway. Even though mom had left the hallway, I still had a feeling that she was still going to be listening. 

"Come on." I said leading Robin out onto the porch, and shutting the door behind us. I glared at Robin waiting for her to began talking. 

"I have something to tell you," she wiped away at her face. "Kenai, I-I." she hesitated. 

"What?" 

"Kenai, I came here to tell you that-I," she said breaking apart her sentences. "I'm pregnant." 

************************************************************************************************************

*Kenai's POV* 

Pregnant? As if I'm not already in enough trouble as it is. And on top of that, I'm not ready to be a father. Hell, I'm not even sure if I want to be with Robin.

"Robin, look," I interrupted. "I'm not ready to be a father. And I'm not sure if I'm ready to carry that responsibility yet."

"So what are you saying?" she sniffled. "Are you saying that you want me to get an abortion, Kenai?" I sat in silence. Truth be told I didn't want her to get an abortion, but I didn't want her to have my baby.

"Kenai?" she asked again. "Do you want me get rid of it?" she moved closer to me.

"I-I don't kno-"

"Kenai, just say what's on your mind!!" she pressured me.

"Give me time to think, Robin damn!!" I busted into anger

"You know what just fuck it!" she yelled back. "I'll make my own decisions about the baby, fuck your opinion!" she grabbed her car keys from her purse and began walking towards her car.

"Robin, wait," I went after her.

"What?" she turned to me. "Are you ready to make a decision now?!"

"No?" I said as if I were confused. She threw her hands up.

"Okay, then we have nothing to talk about." she attempted to get into her car. I slammed the door back, and pinned her to her car. "Are you fucking crazy, Kenai move!" she tried to push past me.

"No, but I don't want you to be mad at me. Baby you have to understand, I just can't make decisions like that, this fast. And besides, this really isn't the time for me to talk about this." I looked into her angry eyes. she rolled her eyes.

"Why not, Kenai," she said in anger. "See this is exactly what I'm talking about! You only make things convenient for you! Well guess what baby, things aren't always going to go your way. I just found out that I'm three weeks pregnant with your baby, and all that you can say is that this isn't the best time for you?!" she blew up.

"I didn't mean it like tha-"

"Just shut up Kenai," her eyes glazed over in tears. "Just stop talking. I'm tired of you always lying to me." she pushed past me and got into the car.

"Robin, wait." she drove off. I stood in the driveway trying to process what just happened. One minute I'm just regular sixteen year old, and the next I'm a father. 

Its funny how fast life can turn around. I walked back into the house, holding back my emotions.

"What's wrong with Robin?" my father asked.

"She had a fight with her mother." I lied

"Oh, well, I told your mother to go ahead and sleep and that I would talk to you in the morning." he yawned

"Alright, goodnight then." I gave him a tired nod.

"Night, son." dad said walking towards his bedroom. I slowly walked up the stairs. I felt my body getting heavier with each step. I slowly entered my room, taking off everything except for my boxers. 

*Chantel's POV* 

Brandon walked into our bed room, plopping down on the bed. I could tell that he was exhausted.

"Honey?" I asked.

"Hm?" he said tiredly

"I can't sleep, I'm still upset about what happened today."

"I know you are." he mumbled

"I just can't believe that he would do something like that, you know?" I sat up in bed

"Mhm.." he said as if he were falling asleep.

"Honey are you even listening to me?" He let out a huge snore. "I guess not then." I laughed and got out of the bed turning off the lamp by his side of the bed. When it comes to Brandon and sleeping- you can't come between the two of them.

*the next day, Saturday morning*

"Chantel, baby wake up." Brandon shook me.

"Hm?" I opened my eyes.

"I'm gonna take Kenai somewhere so that we can talk alone."

"Okay." I looked at him. "Do you want me to lock the door?" I asked

"No, just get some rest. I'll be back in a couple of hours." he grabbed his watch.

"Okay, love you." I said as he walked out of the room.

"I love you too." he responded. I looked at the clock. It was 6am in the morning, why was he leaving so early? I shrugged and went back to sleep. I knew that Kenai would be safe with Brandon.

*Kenai's POV*  

I heard a knock on the door, and soon after dad entered my room.

"Go put some clothes on, we're going out for breakfast."

"Okay." I said weirdly.

"Be downstairs in about fifteen minutes." he left the room. I sell drugs behind my parents back and this is what i get? Breakfast? Is this some kind of sick joke? I went into the bathroom getting into the shower.

************************************************************************************************************

Robin and Kenai..lawd have mercy..

Does Robin plan on keeping the baby?

Do you guys think that Kenai should grow up? 

Is Robin being a little selfish? 

I know that this chapter is short, but I plan on posting other chapters this weekend. I know that I havent been on here a lot, but Im like extra busy with school!! *sigh* I'll try to upload when I can.

And on top of that I've been having a lot of writers block.. ._.

I finally got a new twitter @Infamous_Aja, so go ahead and follow me please (:

COMMENT. VOTE. FAN. SHARE. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER (@Infamous_Aja).

Love,

Aja <3

************************************************************************************************************