A War Within (A sequel to 'The Way That Things Are'): Chapter 17

**************************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER RECAP!

"I'm so sorry to inform you this," he sighed. "But it seems as if the baby has been miscarried. The narcotics and the alcohol were just too much for the baby to handle." the doctor said in a flat tone.

"Oh God.." Robin covered her mouth and cried. My shoulders began to stiffen. I sat numbed, trying to figure the situation out.

"What do we do now, doctor?" I questioned.

"Well the fetus is no longer in the womb, but there is still some tissue left over," the doctor continued. "And to get rid of that tissue we could do one of two things. We could give you tablets vaginally, which would help you to pass the tissue. Or we could do a small surgical removal, the uterine evacuation. But I would like to keep you here a little longer, just so that we could make sure that things are coming along. Any other questions?" he asked

"Nope." I sighed trying not to release my emotions.

"Alright. I apologize for your loss, and we will be checking up on you all." he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I answered in a brittle tone, as he exited the room. A lump developed in my throat sending me into tears. The baby was gone. Robin pulled me in for a hug.

"Are you happy?!" I snatched away from her.

"Kenai...Please.." she said through her tears. I knew that she was hurting just as much I was, but I couldn't forgive her at the moment.

"You see what you did? Are you happy now?!" I raised my voice.

"Sorry. Kenai, I'm sor-" I exited the room, leaving her alone. Her words didn't mean shit to me and neither did her fake ass tears. I was done with her. I got into my truck slamming the door, shattering the window to pieces. Tears blurred my vision, causing my breathing to shallow. She killed our baby. Why did our innocent child have to be put at risk? If this were a mistake, I would have been there for 100% of the way. But this was not a mistake. The baby didn't just accidentally miscarry. She killed it.

**********************************************************************************************************************

*Robin's POV*

I stood in my bathroom, searching. I sat the mini bottle of vodka down and searched through the medicine cabinet for the bottle of anxiety pills. They have to be in here somewhere. My hands frantically knocked down the bottles of medicine as I searched for the bottle of anti depressants. Aspirin, no. Tylenol, no. Zyrtec, no. Xanax, bingo. I poured a week's worth of caplets into my hand, popping them into my mouth. Warm tears ran down my face as I washed the caplets down with the mini bottle of vodka. I laid on the cold bed, waiting for the pills to take my life. Life just wasn't for me anymore, I was done. I had nothing to live for. There was no more talking. It was time for me to leave. I wanted to die. My breathing began to slow its pace as I struggled to keep my eyelids open. My life was slowly fading, and I was rushing to my death.

*Kenai's POV* *1 hour later*

I sat in my truck in front of Robin's house, holding the pair of heels that she had left in my car yesterday. I had called earlier informing her that I would be bringing her heels by. Even though I didn't want to speak to her, I had to give her stuff back. I didn't want any memory of her after today. I just wanted to forget about everything that happened last night and move on. Music played loudly throughout the house, as I walked up to the door. Where were her parents? They would never let her play her music this loud. I shrugged and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked on the door even harder this time. Still no answer. I twisted the knob and walked into the house. This girl. Good thing that she lived in a good neighborhood, because otherwise if she didn't she would be fucked. She always did have a really bad habit of locking her doors.