A War Within (A sequel to 'The Way That Things Are): Chapter 8

*Kenai's POV* *Continued*

I was sitting in the parking lot of the school football field, waiting for Dominique's slow ass. He was standing outside of the gym, talking to his bitch of a girlfriend, Andrea. Okay. I know that calling a girl a bitch is wrong and all, but lets face it that's exactly what Andrea is. But this was the girl that that my brother was head over heels for, so I guess that I would have to respect her. Even though I couldn't stand her ass. I had been sitting in my car watching them argue, for the past twenty minutes. 

"Who was the girl that you were talking to earlier, Nico?" Andrea asked as Nico's jaw tightened.

"I told you that her name is Imani, and she's like a sister to me, that's all!" he shouted loud enough for the whole world to hear. 

"She's like a sister to you," Andrea laughed through her anger. "Dominique you were practically drooling all over her!!" she shouted back.

"Andrea, just because I talk to a girl other than you does not mean that I like her!" he responded. "I love you! I really do, but I'm sick and tired of arguing about this shit! I'm done!" he grabbed his gym bag and headed towards my truck. 

"So what are you saying," she trailed behind him as he walked to the back of my truck. "Are you saying that we're finished?" her eyes began to fill with tears. 

"No," he threw his bag in the trunk, and turned to her. "I'm saying that we need to take a break." he stared into her eyes.

"Dominique just go ahead and say it, you're breaking up with me. Aren't you?" she said as tears ran down her face. Dominique sighed in anger.

"Look, I do-, I don't know. You can believe what you want to, alright? I'm going home." he said as if he were frustrated. He hopped into the truck, and shut the door. She gave him a angry look and went to be with her friends, as she hung head in shame. They all rubbed her back and looked at Dominique with faces as if he were the most hated person on the planet. Dominique sighed and turned his face to the window. 

"Don't worry about it, bro. I know what really happened between y'all." I comforted him.

"Just drive off, man. I'm tired of them staring at me." he said not turning away from the window. I really hated seeing my little brother like this. He's not really the type to get sad, he was always smiling and joking around with people. Just like dad. But when it came to Andrea, he was the most miserable person on earth. I don't really understand why he wants to be with someone like her. 

*At home* 

We walked into the house, as Mom stood in the kitchen cooking dinner. She was wearing a purple satin robe as her long curly hair fell down her back. Mama was the sweetest woman that anyone could know. She was always smiling and she was always willing to help someone. She loved Nico and I both equally, and so did Dad. 

"Hey boys." she smiled as she cut up chicken. Nico said a monotone 'hey' and went directly to his room. 

"Hey mama."

"I thought you had a meeting?" I asked as I sat my keys down on the counter. 

"I did but they canceled on me," she said stirring the chicken. "So I decided to come home and cook my boys some dinner." she smiled.

"Good, because I'm starving."I said kissing her cheek and walking away. She smiled and continuted to cook.  I ran up the stairs, and into my room-making sure to lock the door behind myself. I yanked the money out from under my mattress, pulling out bags of dope with it. 

"Kenai?" I heard someone say from behind me. I looked towards the bathroom that connected Nico's room to mine. Nico stood in the entrance of the bathroom staring at me. I quickly shoved the dope and money under my mattress.