Ch 6 Naruto and Kakashi

Naruto had just left the team and disappeared into the woods to train. He began practicing with his skills, honing the ability only Kakashi knew he had.

After about an hour Kakashi appeared and pulled down his mask. Naruto did the same but he took off both his physical and emotional masks.

Like Kakashi, Naruto wears a face mask to help hide himself even more from the townspeople (and to scare his enemies even more if they ever managed to get his mask off or if he himself took off his mask). Kakashi is the only one who knows what he looks like underneath his masks and Naruto is the only one who knows what Kakashi looks like under his masks.

Kakashi smiled at Naruto. "Still training I see."

Naruto smiled and nodded. "You never know when an enemy stronger than you will appear so you should always be prepared."

Kakashi nodded and thought for a moment then he smiled and said, "You're still like the little boy I found in the forest all those years ago."

Naruto smiled softly at that thought.

When he was about 6 he ran away from his home after another day of being forgotten and ignored. He ran to the forest as it was the only place he could be himself , let go of all the emotions he had held back and not get scorned or beaten. Of course back then he didn't know the forest he ran to was the Forest of Death. Most of the animals there liked him, but there were a few who just wanted to kill him.

Unfortunately he ran into one of those monsters and he screamed as the beast came down on him prepared to feast on his corpse when suddenly several kunai sprouted from its body. A boy appeared around the age of 18 with a dog mask on and gravity defying silver hair.

He picked the boy up and searched him for injuries. Naruto quickly put his mask back on. "Thank you for the help but I-" he began.

The boy interrupted him, "I'll take off mine if you take off yours."

Naruto looked at him shocked someone had figured it out but gestured for him to go first. The boy did just that and introduced himself as Cold-blooded Kakashi.

Naruto hesitated, worried that if he introduced himself he would lose the only person who could potentially be his friend but perhaps his life as well.

Kakashi noticed and did something Naruto hadn't had since he was a newborn.

He hugged him.

Naruto felt his eyes widen and fill with tears. He hadn't known Kakashi for very long but he already thought of him as a friend or brother.

Kakashi pulled away. "Now tell me what you were doing here."

Naruto looked down. "Training."

"Why?"

"You never know when an enemy stronger than you will appear so you should always be prepared."

From that day on Naruto and Kakashi were inseparable. Kakashi trained Naruto and was the only one who knew of Naruto's special skills and secret powers. Naruto kept all of Kakashi's secrets. They provided comfort to each other and were brothers in all but blood. There were no secrets whatsoever between the two. They trusted each other with their lives and then some.

Naruto smiled again.

He looked up at the sky and watched the clouds, constantly moving, never stopping and always moving forward.

"I guess I am."