Ch 11- Continue to Wave

I sincerely apologize for the extreme delay for the latest update. I am having some SERIOUS writer's block for this and my other story. I'm BEGGING for help. I'm considering publishing some of the short stories I write when I'm bored at school as another story.  However, be warned it is very dark. I have a lot on my mind right now but I am thanking all of you readers from the bottom of my heart for reading my story and continuing to read and follow this. Thank you!

Naruto and Kakashi shunshined back to the camp as the sun began to set. Sakura took notice of their reappearance and immediately took action.

"How dare you just leave us here for several hours with no means to defend ourselves? I mean of course Sasuke-kun can protect us but still-!"

Naruto merely glared at her and she shut the large hole in her head that is called a mouth. "We were checking the perimeter to make sure no enemies were near. If you were truly as smart as you think you are, then you would have realized that if there was indeed danger then both Kakashi and I would sense it and race back to help. If we couldn't get back as fast as needed then, between Sasuke and Mito, they could hold them off until one of us showed up. You, on the other hand, have no skills other than screeching and complimenting your precious Sasuke-kun so you wouldn't even be able to participate in the actual fight. You need to learn that in the real world, it's killed or be killed. The way you are right now, you would be killed within the first few minutes."

Sakura started tearing up and was trying to think of something to say in retaliation, but deep down she knew it was true. She ran to her tent to try to prevent anyone from seeing her cry (and see the makeup run down her face and make her look less attractive).

Naruto rolled his eyes and sighed. He hadn't actually meant to be that cruel, but she still needed to hear it. He hoped that now she would begin to take the ninja way of life seriously and up her training (and hopefully stop being the annoying pink-haired banshee. Doubtful, but one can dream). Kakashi stood off to one side with an exasperated look in his eye.

"One would think that after the Demon Brothers she would've learned, but apparently not," he said.

"Yeah, now if only we could get the giant branch out of the Uchiha's ass. We could have a pretty good team," Naruto replied.

Sasuke, Mito, and Tazuna all stood off to the side thinking the same thing (although Sasuke took offense from that last thing).

"Alright," Naruto began, "I'll take watch for half the night and Kakashi will take the other half. That way you three can get plenty of rest. However, Tazuna we would like to speak to you privately."

Tazuna glanced at them and immediately started sweating. 'Crap, I think they know.'

The two remaining members of team 7 looked at each other shrugged and headed to their tents.

Kakashi stared at Tazuna with his one eye. "Alright Tazuna we-"

"OKAY, OKAY! I LIED ABOUT THE RANK OF THE MISSION BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE HIGHER RANK! I DIDN'T THINK THAT THE DEMON BROTHERS WOULD COME AND I JUST WANT TO SAVE MY VILLAGE FROM GATO AND-" Tazuna screamed. 

Naruto blinked. "We already knew about that. We just wanted to know where you kept your spare sake. Dealing with these brats 24/7 is hard. I need some alcohol."

Tazuna froze. "You did? How?"

"Everyone knows that the Demon Brothers are Zabuza Momochi's lackeys and rumor has it that he was recently employed by Gato and it just so happens that we both know about Gato's exploits of the Wave. We will help you but...!" Kakashi explained, "You need to share your sake for as long as we help you."

Tazuna sweatdropped. "Yeah sure. I'll do anything. I'll even share my secret stash when we get to the village."

Naruto nodded. "Alright, now that that's done off to bed you two. It's time for my watch."

The two headed off to their separate tents as Naruto sat down.

"You can come out now Mito."

Mito dropped from a treetop. "How did you-? Never mind. I have to ask you something."

"What?" Naruto asked.

"Why won't you come home with us?"

"Think about it Mito. My family was ignoring me for no reason, you were getting all the attention, the village wanted and still wants me dead, you were being trained to control me, and you still wonder why I don't want to be around any of you."

"But that was only if you went berserk and couldn't control it. It was so I could protect yo-"

"No Mito, it was so I could be controlled. If I was properly trained with it I would be fine, but since everyone hated me no one would train me. The council only saw me as a puppet and you the puppet master. No one actually cared for me." Naruto retaliated.

Mito sat frozen. She had never thought of it that way. She was always told that it was the only way to protect her little brother from the demon within him, she never wanted to harm or control him.

Naruto sighed. "Yes Mito, the only reason the council isn't after my head is because they are power hungry fools who want a strong puppet to conquer their enemies."

Mito started to tear up as she thought about what she might have been forced to do had things turned out differently.

Naruto sighed again. "I might regret saying this but I don't blame you. You were young and impressionable and easily controlled. I doubt our mother knew anything about this either. In the future we might be able to be family again, but at the moment I just can't. After 12 years of being alone and scorned, it will be hard for me to open my heart to anyone. There is a reason I only trust one person with my back when I'm not wearing my ANBU mask. For now, just give me space and let me adjust to my new life and do not push me on this. Now go to bed. You will need the energy for tomorrow."

Mito spun around and walked back to her tent to sleep and ponder on this new information.

Naruto sighed once again. "Yes big sister, rest up. You will definitely need the energy for tomorrow."

And chapter 11 is complete! I am seriously sorry about the very infrequent updates, but my life mainly revolves around homework and trying to get rid of this writer's block. Please PLEASE help me with ideas!!! I can always use the input and while I like constructive criticism please don't flame me or like flip out about my incredibly slow updates. Now what was I saying? Oh yeah. PLEASE HELP ME WITH IDEAS!!!! Thank you.