Ch 10 Good And Bad Memories

Sorry about the slow updates (again) but I really wanted to get this chapter done because it's Naruto's birthday today (not in the story) and it's mine tomorrow so.....Happy Birthday Naruto!!!!! I think that's all that needs to be said so.....Enjoy!

"What do you mean?" Mito asked.

Naruto sighed. "There was only one person who cared for me when I was growing up. Everyone else either wanted me dead or ignored me."

"THAT'S A LIE!! MOM AND DAD ALWAYS-" Mito started.

"Always what? Left me behind when you went out as a family and I was alone in a giant house covered in seals preventing me from leaving or getting any food. If that is what you call love than you are an even bigger fool than I once thought," Naruto said with a cold look in his eye.

"Everyday I was left to the mercy of the villagers who beat me within an inch of my life every time I go into town. Every year on our birthday, dear sister, you were spoiled with gifts and sweets while I was lucky to even survive. The only reason I'm still alive, is because of the one person who showed me kindness is the middle of all that hatred."

When Naruto finished, the team members were all in varying levels of shock.

Sasuke understood what he meant to a certain degree. His family was slaughtered, so he understood the sadness that came after a loved one died. However, he couldn't even begin to understand the loneliness Naruto felt at having to watch his family constantly leave him behind.
He must have felt lonely, like Sasuke did, but if he tried to do anything he would just be ignored.

Sakura couldn't believe what she was hearing. The legendary Fourth Hokage, Red Hot-Blooded Habanero, and the Savior of the Leaf ignored the youngest member of their family for his whole life. He endured torture and hatred, never knowing what a gentle touch felt like. Wow, that's heartbreaking. CHA!!! But not as much as Sasuke-kun's!!!

Mito didn't want to hear this again. She knew the basis of what had happened to her brother when he wasn't with them (AKA alone). She had heard it before but never in great detail. She had to talk to her father about this.

Tazuna didn't know what to expect from the group, but he certainly didn't expect this. The son of the most respected people in the Leaf Village was hated by the entire village, ignored by his own family, and only one person cared for him in his entire life. Damn. He really needed some sake (Japanese alcohol)right now.

Kakashi looked sadly at Naruto seeing that he was on the edge of breaking his mask and letting himself go. He couldn't let that happen.

"Let's camp here for tonight," Kakashi suggested.

Everyone nodded stiffly and went to make camp.

Naruto looked at Kakashi and nodded.

"Kakashi and I will check the perimeter," Naruto announced.

With that they disappeared.

Mito looked sadly at the spot where her brother disappeared wishing she knew how to fix things.

___________

Kakashi and Naruto reappeared deep in a forest.

Naruto fell to his knees and pounder the ground with tears in his eyes.

"WHY? WHY DO THEY HATE ME?!" Naruto screamed.

Kakashi kneeled next to him and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Naruto, you know that you hold the Kyuubi. You know what is has done. And you also know that what people don't understand they fear. They don't understand you therefore they fear you, and they respond to fear with hate."

"I KNOW, I know it's just, just-" Naruto started.

"I know. Your birthday is coming up and this is a lot of unwanted stress, but we have no choice. We have to keep going on with our lives no matter how much we don't want to."

Naruto sniffled. "I remember the worst birthday I ever had. I was 5 years old that day. They were celebrating Mito's birthday and they had just given me the same present again: a frog wallet with 1 Ryo (Japanese currency) in each wallet. I had run off that night wanting to get away. Instead I ran into an alley and suddenly I was surrounded by villagers. They stabbed me, burned me, they carved words into my skin, they did unspeakable things to me yet, I still protect them. WHY?!?! WHY DO I STILL WANT TO PROTECT THEM?!"

Naruto was in tears by now. Tears were rolling down his face while he had his head against the ground.

Kakashi pulled Naruto into a hug.

"Naruto, I know that nothing can ever be said or done in compensation for what has been done to you over the years, but I want you to know that I will always be here for you. No matter what happens or what you do, you will always be my little otouto."

Naruto just kept crying, nuzzeling his head further into Kakashi's chest as he held him.

They stayed like that for hours, Naruto finally getting to release his pent up emotion from 12 years of torture and Kakashi comforting him while he let out.