Chapter 19

I woke up feeling two arms wrapped around me. I turned and saw David's sleeping face. Feeling a cold chill run down me I snuggled closer to him.

David moved and I heard him yawn. I looked up and met his eyes.

"Morning." he said smiling.

"Morning."

"Are you two finally awake?"

I turned to see Layla standing in the room.

"Hurry up and get up. We're moving."

"Moving? Where?"

"Home. Where else?"

She turned and walked out of the room.

"Where's home?" David asked.

"Where our pack used to live."

I sat up and forced my self to get out of the bed. I pulled my shoes on and stood up. David got up and pulled his own shoes on.

He attempted to stand but was a little wobbly. I grabbed his arm and held him up. He draped his arm around me and allowed me to support him.

We walked out and saw people going in and out of the cave. Nate came up to us.

"Glad to see you up and walking." He said to David.

"Yeah I'm glad to be up myself. Though I wouldn't be up if she wasn't helping me."

"You two go on and go outside and wait for everyone."

***

I stood looking at the pack house I grew up in. David stood beside me and glanced down at me. He finally gained most of his strength back and was able to hold him self up. The house was a cream color a black roof and trim.

"This is where you grew up huh?"

"Yeah. It probably needs some repair but once we fix it up it will be perfect."

"Could you come with me a minute?"

"Sure."

***

We stopped in the tree line and David reached in his pocket and pulled out a small box.

"David what are you-"

"Sitka will you marry me?" He said while on one knee.

"What? Are you being serious?"

"Dead serious."

"My brother is going to murder you." I said.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes."

David sprang to his feet, almost falling in the process a grabbed his arm and held him up. He regained his balance and hugged me. Letting me go he held out the ring. I let him place it on my ring finger.

We walked hand in hand back out to where the others were at. Layla came up to me and instantly noticed the ring.

"Are you getting married?!" She said jumping up and down.

"What?!" Nate shouted stalking over and stood right in front of David and growled.

I growled and stepped in between the two.

"Yes I'm getting married. If you two start fighting I'll hurt both of you. Mostly you, Nate."

Nate backed off and muttered, "Sorry. I shouldn't have done that." to David.

"Once you get married Ill get mad and get up in your mates face." I growled teasingly at Nate.

"I don't even think so." He said back.

I laughed and looked at Layla who was muttering things to herself.

"Let's get inside and see what needs to be fixed up."