Chapter 16

I ran around the inside of the hunters building, attacking every hunter I came across.

Nate ran close behind me followed by a few others. Spotting a gray wolf ahead of me I growled and slammed it into the nearest wall.

"If you answer one question I might let you live." I snarled.

The wolf nodded rapidly and whined.

"Where is David?"

"Down the hall...the last door."

I was shocked to see how young she sounded.

I let her go and backed up.

"I think your to young to be shifting."

"I am only nine. I was forced to shift."

"Someone take her out of here and pack to the cave. She is way to young to be fighting."

Two gray wolves came up and escorted her out. I ran down the hall until I reached the last door. Sniffing at it I could tell David was in there.

"Nate come help me open this, the rest of you stand watch."

Nate came forward and slammed into the door. I pushed against it an felt it creak under my weigh. Nate pushed on it beside me and I heard one of the hinges come loose.

I looked up and saw the top hinge was broken. Pushing the door the rest of the way open I looked into the room and couldn't see anything but blackness for a few seconds.

The scent of blood hit me nose causing me to sneeze. I walked forward and saw a large shape in a corner on the other side of the room.

Running forward I reached the shape and saw it was David.

He looked awful. Cuts ran along his body and his fur was no longer a golden color. It was more brown and matted from the blood.

"Nate we have to get out of here. We need to take him home."

"Sitka?"

I looked down and met a pair of green eyes.

"David we're gonna get you out of here."

"I thought you left. I heard them say you escaped."

"I did but I came back to get you out."

"You said you never wanted to see me again."

I sighed an bowed my head.

"I did. I was ticked off and didn't realize that all this time you were protecting me. I'm thankful for that. I'm really sorry, David."

"Guys we need to get moving."

I looked back at Nate and nodded.

"Can you try to stand?"

David pushed him self up and almost fell. I leaned against him and held him up.

"How are we getting out of here? I can barely stand up, I highly doubt I can walk. You should just leave me." David said.

"I'm not leaving you." I growled.

I crouched low to the ground and looked up at David.

"Get on my back."

"What?" He said almost falling but Nate held him up.

"We can move faster that way."

Nate helped David forward and onto my back. I slowly stood and lifted him up. He moaned and his head went limp.

*My head is hurting really bad.* he said into my head.

*We'll be out of here soon.*

We walked out of the room and met the others.

"You guys walk ahead of Sitka." Nate said joining the group.

A black wolf walked up beside me.

"I'll help you if he falls." she said.

"Thanks."

We walked down the hall and there was no sign of hunters.

*Could you slow down...* David said.

*We're barely even moving.*

*It feels like your running.*

*We are almost out.*

He didn't respond instead he whined and caused the girl beside me to look over in concern.