Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Tell me everything you know," I cross my arms in front of my chest demandingly.

The man in front of me peels his eyes away from the book he was reading. He looks between me and Hoseok who was nervously avoiding eye contact with his friend.

"What's the meaning of this Hoseok," mutters the chief as he slowly grabs his bookmark to mark the page he was currently at.

"Uh..well..um.."

I slam my hands down on the desk leaning forward, "I'm talking to you Mr. Jeon, not him. You've been withholding information from me and my family regarding our safety and freedom within this city. Now tell me everything you know about Seojoon and this 'secret treasure'."

He raises his eyebrows at me curiously.

"I told her what I found, Jungkook," Hoseok interjects from behind me.

Mr. Jeon nods his head, "Miss Y/n, would you believe me if I said that I kept that information confidential to prevent you and your family from taking drastic action just as you are doing right now?"

"Keeping us in the shadows will only make things harder," I challenge.

"Maybe so," Mr. Jeon gets up from his desk, "but the less people know the better of a chance we have at stopping this madness once and for all."

I nearly growl at him, "My hybrid has been missing for five fucking days now! It's been driving me insane every single day! You know he's part of his big mess and I'm tired of just waiting around hoping he's not dead!"

He scoffs at me, "You think I'm not aware of that." Letting out a sigh while pinching the bridge of his nose, he turns back to his desk looking through files and typing on the computer.

He grabs his coat that was left on the chair, "I'm sorry Miss Y/n, but I cannot risk this case being leaked when we're so close to finding the truth. I have to ask you to leave my office now. There's a meeting I have to attend to."

Mr. Jeon starts packing files into his briefcase while I protest, "But sir, please, just reconsider!"

"Again, I'm deeply sorry for your missing hybrid, but there are more pressing matters at hand. Good day, Y/n, Hoseok."

I find myself upsettingly marching outside on the sidewalk, still shocked by the fact that that chief wouldn't give us any information. I mean Jimin has been missing for five days! Ever since that day at our house. First I lost Hoseok, and now Jimin!

"Y/n!" Hoseok calls from behind, but I keep on walking, lost in my own thoughts.

My arm is pulled back to the side into the alley way. I almost trip on the concrete step between the buildings.

"What Hoseok?!" I begin but he puts his pointer finger up to his lips.

From under his shirt he pulls out a crumbled folder, excitedly wiggling his eyebrows at me. My mouth nearly drops to the floor. I lean forward, my voice barely a whisper,

"Did you-"

"Yup," He snickers to himself, "I don't actually work there, so it's not like I'll lose my job or anything."

I grab his shoulders, shaking him a bit, "No, but you might be thrown in jail for stealing!"

"Nah, Jungkook isn't that mean."

"I can't believe you," I chuckle.

He quickly leans forward whispering into my ear, "Anything for you~"