Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"So are you coming over?"

"I think I'm free."

"Sweet! Bring Taehyung with you!"

"Alright see you in a couple hours!"

"Bye!"

I hang up the phone while carrying all the snacks to the cupboards and refrigerator. Jimin walks over to help me put stuff away.

"Are you ready for movie night?" I wiggle my eyebrows at Jimin.

"Mmm yeah." He says mildly distracted.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?" I ask.

There is a long pause before he responds. "...You didn't have to invite your friend." He says bitterly to himself.

I laugh, "Huh is my kitty jealous?" I ask mockingly.

He scoffs as he sets the snacks on the counter. "Hardly."

"Why then?" I question. 

"I just don't like him," he says without much thought. I shake my head while putting the ice cream I had bought away.

We set up the pillows and the snacks out when the time got closer. I've been hanging out with Hoseok lately when I head out. Sometimes I visit the hybrid shelter and meet all the hybrids there. I usually end up playing with the younger ones while hanging out with Hoseok.

We haven't brought up that date earlier in the year and honestly I think we are both past it. The timing just wasn't right. That doesn't stop us from hanging out and having fun though.

The other day we had a lengthy conversation about our favorite movies and I suggested having a movie night at my place. That's how we got here although it seems like I probably should've asked Jimin first.

To be honest, I really wanted Jimin to meet another hybrid. He stays at home all day with his nose in those books of his (which isn't a bad thing), but I want him to have more than just me to hang out with.

I don't think I'm that much of an interesting person anyway.

The doorbell interrupts my train of thought, and I hurriedly rush over to open it.

"Hey Y/n!" Hoseok stands there holding some more snacks while Taehyung stands behind him nervously wagging his tail.

"Hey guys! Come on in." I open the door wide allowing them to come inside. I take the snacks from them and set them on the counter. Jimin comes closer to us as we walk in.

"Taehyung, this is Jimin. I hope you guys can be friends!" I say. Taehyung looks up at Jimin and a wide grin appears on his face.

"Y/n, you should totally show me those paintings you have been working on!" Hoseok says excitedly.

"Mm alright!" I say, "You two go pick a movie for us to watch first. DVDs are in the bag over there. Jimin, you know where it is."

Hoseok and I headed to my painting studio while Taehyung eagerly joined Jimin. I already hear him trying to talk to Jimin.

"Don't worry," I look at Hoseok, "Taehyung can literally make friends with anybody."

I smile at him. "Thanks Hoseok. I hope they can get along."

We chat for a while as I show him some of my older paintings and stuff I'm working on. His eyes widen while looking at all my work.

"It's really not that great." I say scratching my neck.

"Are you kidding Y/n!" He looks at me shocked, "These are amazing!"

"Thanks" I laugh while we look around.

"What about this one." He asks.

I look over to where he's standing. It was the landscape painting I was starting. It stood out from the rest as it was unlike any of my other works.

"This?" I ask. He nods his head.

"It's different from the rest," He says matter of factly.

"It..uh..it was Jimin's idea," I say shyly, "I'm more or less painting it for him at this point."

"Awwww." Hoseok says, "That's so sweet! I need to do something nice for Taehyung like that."

After a couple minutes of chatting we hear a loud shout across the hall. Me and Hoseok look to each other in confusion before heading back to the living room.

"What the-"

We look at the commotion in front of us. Taehyung is nearly climbing on top of Jimin trying to reach the bowl of popcorn while Jimin is trying to push his face back and keep the bowl away from him.

"Get off me!" Jimin shouts.

"Not until you give me the bowl!" Taehyung replies, trying to swat it out of Jimin's hand.

"You can't keep all the snacks to yourself!" Taehyung reaches forward, but slips and falls on top of Jimin as we see the two hybrids crash to the floor. The popcorn is sadly now on the floor.

"Oops.." Taehyung nervously steps back as Jimin frowns at the snacks.

"Come here you!"

Me and Hoseok proceed to laugh as hard as we could as the two hybrids chase each other around the house. They both make their way towards us as I see Taehyung slide behind me while holding on to my shoulders.

"Protect me Y/n!" He crouches behind me waiting for Jimin.

"Eeek!" I yelp as I see Jimin almost charging towards us and I slip towards the side as Jimin tackles Taehyung to the floor.

"You'll pay for that!" Jimin starts tickling the ever living daylights out of Taehyung as he laughs hysterically.

I guess these two are going to turn out more than fine.