Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I hear him softly follow behind me as I make my way down to the kitchen. His soft footsteps made me double check if he was actually following me – they were so quiet.

I quickly scoop up all the extra lasagna I had from cooking dinner making sure he got plenty of food to eat. I turned around as he stood awkwardly near the edge of the kitchen. With the plate in my hand, I made my way over to the dinning table where he followed me silently until I placed the plate down. He stood there unsure of what to do.

Suddenly, I hear his stomach growl.

I giggle to myself as the hybrid looks down trying to hide his face. His ears flat against his head. 

"Eat up! I'll go get some water." I walk away hoping he would start eating instead of waiting for something.

I returned with a glass full of water. Before he can notice me, I take a minute to fully look at the creature in the bright light.

His black hair was a mess and his frame looked sparse and starved. Yet, his face looked mystic, even alluring. He hungrily ate the dinner unaware of my presence. My eyes glazed over all the little details of his face. Hair softly rested on his forehead – the length was a bit too long. Sharp, piercing eyes and a defined jawline.

My eyes stopped at the collar resting on his neck. It was unlike any collar I have seen. It was unusually large and strangely shaped. I notice a slight engraving on the side of the collar.

25,000 volts

A shock collar?

A million questions were going through my mind at that instant. Why would he have a shock collar? Who put a shock collar on him? Was it Seojoon? Who else would it be? Why hasn't he taken it off then? Can he?

I gulp down any thoughts I had running through my mind at that moment and set down the glass of water I've been holding for some time. He looks up at me when I set down the glass of water. His plate completely empty and his tongue licking up all the excess sauce on his lips. I smile at him before sitting down in the seat right adjacent. His tail swings back and forth in a more lively manner as he drinks the glass of water I brought him. Both of his hands holding the glass firmly as if he hasn't drank water in forever.

When was the last time he drank water?

I'm thinking too much. 

"You should take a shower and dress those wounds from earlier," I say as he finishes. He slightly stiffens up avoiding my gaze. He sets the glass down and mumbles something to himself, but I'm unable to catch it.

"What did you say?" I ask as he looks back up at me.

"I can't." He replies, his gravelly voice reaching my ears.

"Huh?"

He then turns his head to the side exposing his neck and his collar to me. My eyes blink in realization.

I reach forward, "Do you want me to take it off?" My hands come closer and his eyes flicker for a second before a snarl comes from his mouth. His teeth bare and he leans away from me as I slowly set my hands down.

I take a deep breath, "I promise I won't do anything." I look him straight in the eyes as he stares me back. "Please?"

His face calms a little before reluctantly exposing his neck to me. He doesn't turn completely as I have to shift closer. His muscles tense up and my breathing quickens, fearful of being this close. My hands slowly fiddle with the lock system trying to find the key hole. My heart beats so loud that I swear he could probably hear it with his sharp ears. I take a second to lean back and let go a breath I didn't know I was holding as I was examining the collar.