Chapter 12

Thanks for reading!

Chapter 12

"Y/n, something happened.."  I blinked my eyes tiredly as I looked at the caller ID of my phone.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Come to the police station immediately. Your mother is pretty shaken up."

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we are fine, but we can talk when you get here." The phone hangs up and I rush out of bed hurriedly getting dressed. I see Jimin walking in the hallway.

"Y/n?" He looks at me confused.

"I-I have to head to the police station. Something happened to my parents." My words sounded more panicked as I rushed to the door.

I feel a hand pull stop me before I can leave. "I'll come." He doesn't ask, he just takes my hand and we leave out the door. I head to the drivers side but my hands are already shaking.

"I can drive" I hear the voice beside me say. I look at Jimin as he tugs on my arm. My hands move on their own as I hand him the keys and let out a breath. We both get into the car and we make our way to the police station. My hands fidget in my lap as I try to keep my cool. I start to think of the million different reasons for why they could be at the police station.

I rush inside as Jimin closely follows behind me. I see my mom sobbing profusely as I approached both of my parents.

"Y/n!" I rush over and try to calm my mom. To say the least I was shocked we'd be speaking again not to mention in this type of circumstance but I am still their daughter. And right now my mother needed me.

"Sir I have a couple more questions I would like to ask before we let you guys go. Was anybody at the house at the time of the break in?" says the police officer.

Break in?

My dad bites the inside of his cheek looking somewhat frustrated. "No. Me and my wife were at our son's business for a board meeting and I had some extra work that I wasn't able to return home until it was all trashed."

"But your wife did come home earlier?"

"No, she went out shopping. We both returned around the same time."

The officer writes down some notes and types some information into the computer database. My mom finally calms down a bit and I continue to listen to the report.

"Do you have any idea why you would be targeted? I understand your position as a politician these days but your campaign has been going on for a while now."

"There's nothing I can think of, officer. They didn't take anything, just trashed the place like maniacs." My dad replies bitterly.

The two continue talking and I walk over to Jimin. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He chuckles sadly. "I'm supposed to be asking you that." I smile at him as I wrap my arms around him.

"Thanks for coming with me. You're a good friend." I whisper into his neck. He puts his arms around me.

"Of course Y/n."

Another person walks towards us and interrupts the report. "Mr. Kim?" The two men shake hands

"Chief of Police, Jeon Jungkook. We have looked at the surveillance at your house and we've identified the intruders to be members of the Crimson Ghosts."

I feel Jimin tense up. I look up at him and he freezes a little bit before loosening his grip on me.

My dad furrows his eyebrows, "The Crimson Ghosts? Why would they target us?" I stood there in slight confusion. I look at Jimin and he starts to turn pale.

"Jimin?" I tug at his shirt trying to get his attention. He snaps out of whatever daze he is in and meets my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask him softly and he nods his head, "Who are the Crimson Ghosts?" I mutter to myself but another voice answers my question.

"I presume you aren't familiar with the gang activity in this city are you Miss?" says Mr. Jeon.

"I've heard stories and rumors when I was younger but lately I've not been paying attention to the crime rates." I reply feeling a bit stupid.

"My mission when I became Chief a year ago was to take down and destroy the gangs this city has been plagued with. So far we have been tracking down the major groups. The Crimson Ghosts and the Arsenic Snakes." Mr. Jeon steps over to look at the report.

"If the Crimson Ghosts were indeed looking for something, they would come back or worse." He looks at my dad, "Mr. Kim, I will send some police officers to your house and I would be wary of going out to secluded places." They continue talking of the possibility of another confrontation. Eventually they let us go and I say goodbye to my parents.

"Are you guys sure you're okay? I can stay over-" I begin.

My mom stops me, "No no don't come over at all. The less we meet the less reason they'll have to come after you."

"Your mother is right. You'll be in danger." My dad says.

I nod my head in agreement and step back ready to say goodbye for a while. Jimin stood slightly behind me almost like he was trying to hide under my figure while his head hung low.

My mom looks up and towards the figure behind me, "Who is this Y/n?" I smile and gently nudge Jimin forward before introducing him.

"This is Jimin. He was Seojoon's but now he's with me." My mom smiles brightly while my dad almost scowls.

"Tch, you got a pet." He scoffs.

"Let her be! She's been living by herself for three years now. At least she can be more responsible now."

"Mom!" I whine but Jimin chuckles beside me.

"Take care of our daughter Jimin. Especially during these times." My mom holds his hand and he nods.

"I will Ms. Kim" Jimin speaks softly. The two of them leave and I can already hear them bickering.

"A half-breed! Of all things."

"Oh hush. It's not like she had a choice."

"They don't belong with the rest of us people."

"Our daughter is finally talking to us and this is what you have to say?"

"There's nothing wrong with what I have to say"

"Quit it already!" I hear a slap from behind us as I try not to laugh out loud.

"Hey! Ouch! What did you do that for!"

"I did it because you were being ungrateful, old man."

"You're married to this old man."

"Yes, I know."