ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕠

I blinked and missed it, but no one else seemed to as the screams rose from what seemed like every part of the gym around me. 

"Watanabe you son of a bitch!" Kuroo yelled grinning like a mad man. 

I held my breath when Bassui turned to me with a large morbid grin. The ball had bounced right off the ground on the other side and rolled away winning us the game. 

"Did I make you proud Y/n? I just wanted to make you smile instead of glare at me for once." His voice was timid but controlled. I watched the blood trickle down his smile and stain his jersey. 

"You are one crazy boy." I smiled despite my concern for his nose. 

He had used his own head to win this game for us. He had let himself go. 

He grinned harder as if he didn't even feel the blood or the pain. Kuroo awkwardly pushed him away towards the nurse that someone had already called, but our eyes stayed glued to each other.

"I let myself go." He mouthed the words, but I almost heard his voice in my head as he said it. 

He'd beaten himself and by god was I proud. 

"You've created a monster, Y/F/N Y/L/N." Kuroo laughed pulling me into a side hug. 

"A monster who's going to take us to nationals." I kept my eyes on him even as he walked away in completely amazement. 

"Damn right, now let's get out of here and celebrate." 

"Here's to new revelations and one hell of a hard head!" Lev held his glass of soda high in the air and the boys and I lifted ours as well. 

Bassui had now earned the title 'hard head' after the incident. He never stopped grinning with his bandage wrapped around his nose as he drank from the toast. 

I grinned at our first years. After the game, Ito approached me and asked to be a libero instead of a setter, so I knew I'd have my work cut out training him. Nakamura and Takagi gushed over Bassui as everyone split into their own conversations. 

"What did we do to deserve you?" Kuroo pressed a light kiss to my forehead making me blush like a girl with a crush. 

"Must've done a lot of good deeds in your past life." I commented arrogantly making him roll his eyes. 

"Hey, guys it's half past 9 and my mom wants me home soon. Mind if we cut the night short?" Lev asked with embarrassment even though anyone who knows him knows already that his parents are stricter than most. 

"Alright guys, let's make it home safe. Bassui, you're walking home with us?" I asked making my way to the door with Kuroo's hand in mine. 

Bassui nodded and waltzed right past us to lead us towards our houses. Kuroo chuckled and leaned close, "A monster you've made indeed." 

"Come on seniors, don't lag." Bassui called back in a teasing voice that boiled my blood. 

"I don't know what's gotten into you but-"