Twenty-Eight

Sad, sad... This book is OVER!... I hope you guys like the ending. If not, I'm sorry... :'(
How come nobody's commenting on my new book? Lol :3

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

My eyes moved back to Grant's eyes and I was wondering why the hell was he here and why the hell he just kissed me out of nowhere. Was this in response to what took place yesterday when Mina revealed my identity to him on Kik? My head was spinning from the confusion, but Grant's face held a genuine smile as if he just discovered the secret of life.

Then, I remember everything I've done. Grant shouldn't be here. All the lies I told him... If he came here for the reasons I think he came here for, then he shouldn't have bothered. Why? Because I don't deserve him. I can tell that guilt was probably clouding my face at the moment because I saw his smile falter slightly.

"Why are you here, Grant?" I asked softly as I moved away from him. A panicked expression flooded his face as I drew back. I tried to turn around to face away from him, but he grabbed my hands before I could.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confusion written all over his face.

"You shouldn't be here," I stated. After yesterday's emotional incident with Tom, I thought I was finally getting over everything. I tried to forget all my feelings, especially for Grant, but because everything was still here - Martin and Tom - I keep being reminded of the lies I said. And now that Grant is here, the guilt is back and it's worse than ever.

"And why not? I've finally found the person I'm looking for," he said with an almost angry tone. That kind of scared me, because maybe he didn't come here for the reasons I was thinking. Maybe he came here to express his feelings of anger and disgust. I felt my breath hitch in anticipation of Grant's scolding, but it never came.

"You came here to get back at me, didn't you?" I asked worriedly. To my surprise, he pulled me back in for another kiss, which caused me to gasp in his mouth. I struggled to get away as his arms circled my body, pulling me closer to him over the table that separated us.

The moment I was able to pull away, I stepped out of my seat and away from the table. I glared at him in annoyance, not that I didn't like the kiss, but I was annoyed by all the confusion he's giving me.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I huffed, wiping my mouth. "I'm not Alice, Grant. I'm not the hottest girl who ever talked to you. I'm not the girl of your dreams. I'm sorry I lied to you, but you don't have to go this far. I'm a thirsty-ass faggot who was desperate to find someone to be with and unfortunately I wasn't looking for the right people. It's okay," I said. Tears started to pool in my eyes, but I did my best to pull them back. I didn't want to cry anymore.

I saw anger building up in his face as he frowned. "YOU," he said with a forceful voice. He also stepped away from the table and walked around it to get closer to me. His frown turned into a shy expression as he slowly lowered his head. "... were mistaken."

I arched an eyebrow. It was like he was speaking to me in code and I had no idea how to interpret them. Why couldn't he just say them directly so I won't have to struggle understanding what he's talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

I moved back as he stepped forward, but he wasn't having any of it. It didn't stop him from getting closer every time I stepped away from him. Unfortunately, I was getting too close to the fence behind me and I couldn't go any further. He took that opportunity to walk briskly up to me and pull me back into his arms.