Twenty-Six

Merry Christmas to all of you! (If you celebrate...) If not, happy holidays! :D

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

I briefly checked the time to see we only had ten minutes left of lunch before I had to go to my last period. I almost cursed because Grant wasn't responding and I wanted to get this whole thing over with already. I tapped on the back of my phone as my leg shook to distract me from the intense feeling of the wait.

I saw the message's status change from 'delivered' to 'read' and Grant started to type a response. I was starting to get worried of what his reply was going to say, though I really shouldn't be because he doesn't know the real me any way. Even if I embarrass myself, it's really Alice I was embarrassing and not me. That served as somewhat of a relief.

adams_28: I suppose... :/

:3 :D: Aww, what's wrong? :/

adams_28: nuthin...

:3:D You're lying. I get this feeling that you don't want to be friends... :/

adams_28: What do you mean?

Oops. Was I saying the wrong things? Maybe I assumed incorrectly... Even though we weren't talking face to face, I couldn't help but be ashamed and embarrassed of this whole situation. I wanted out of it already!

:3 :D: Dunno weird vibe...

Way to play it cool, Jay... Way to play it cool... I mentally smacked myself on the forehead before trying to change the subject.

:3 :D: Anyway, it's one of your last days in California tomorrow! Any plans?

adams_28: Gym...

adams_28: You?

:3 :D: I really have no idea... School, I guess.

Crap. I was supposed to be going to UC Santa Barbara, but I didn't even bother to check if classes were already in session for them before I replied to Grant. Will he notice? I hope not!

There was yet another long period of silence without anything from Grant. I checked the time again and only seven minutes remained. I had to get this conversation moving before I decide to push it off again until later. I really want to relieve myself of the stress coming from this...

adams_28: And to answer your earlier question... I dunno. I kinda felt like we were "talking" if you know what I mean...

Earlier question? Talking? Was he talking about what I think he was?

:3 :D: I think I know, but...

adams_28: Idk if you felt the same or if I'm just retarded and took it for something it wasn't, which happens to me. A lot.

:3 :D: Awwww... no! Don't take it the wrong way! I really like you, but as far as that goes, I think I've reached my limit. We can become GREAT friends! I'm sorry if I led you on... You are NOT retarded! Don't you ever think that way.

:3 :D: Not I feel retarded for being so oblivious to this.

The last part wasn't true at all. I talked to Grant with all intentions of seducing him into sending me pictures of himself, but I couldn't control myself let alone stop myself. It just got way too out of hand and now I have to deal with this shít.

adams_28: :(

:3 :D: I'm really sorry... :'(

I really hoped that was enough for him to stop bugging me for pictures and meet-ups. I really couldn't bear to deal with any more of this. So I said the most dramatic thing I could to end this whole thing.