Mondays blow

The blaring bleeping on my alarm clock went off startling me from my sleep. "Uuugg Mondays..." I rolled over and mumbled. It was time to get ready for work at the doughnut shop on the corner of me and Mel's street. I got up and took a shower and took care of all that biz. While I was eating a bowl of Cheerios I saw Mel stumbling out of her cave she walked down the hall and into the kitchen pouring herself a bowl of Krave. "Morning" I said optimistically. "Mhmhmmmmrrblll" she responded back still not totally awake. We sat there in silence eating cereal until I was done. I put my dishes into the sink and got my purse. "I'm off to work!" I smiled at Mel. "K. Bye.." She mumbled, and I walked to the end of the block. I unlocked the doors and entered starting up the machines and making doughnut dough and the glaze for them. I didn't exactly own the shop but never the less was family and knew how to prep for them early in the morning. I stuck the first 5 batches in a large oven and pre-made more batches. As I rolled more dough my mind wondered into a daydream. I pictured me a dan playing video games and cuddling, everything about it was perfect. I quickly snapped out of it when the bells of the front door chimed, brenda (an old friend but I called her bob) walked in. "Wow you already have a great smelling batch going" as she sniffed the air. "Yuppity yup!" I smiled behind the counter where I was still rolling dough. Bob put on oven mitts and grabbed the many batches of doughnuts out of the oven and began glazing them. A total of 5 people worked there (me, bob, Caroline, david, and mitsy) but david and mitsy were on there honeymoon and Caroline was out with the flu. Bob had put the doughnuts on display as I slid several more trays into the oven. Soon enough the display case was packed full and me and bob still had another 12 minutes before the shop opened. We sat there and talked a bit and dan became the topic. We laughed a bit until it was 5 am and time to open. Our first customer was a nice short red haired lady with her adorable little daughter. They ordered a dozen for a class party and left. Not many people poured in and I guess that's why I really liked this job. Two rather tall men walked in while Brenda was working the counter. "But dan what if she's at work?" I looked up from the batch I was working on. "Shut up Phil, let me surprise my girlfriend!" Bob turned around and looked at me smugly. "Is that the dan?" She whispered. I looked and it was. I quietly gasped in surprise and nodded at her. "Hey I think my shifts up!" she yells conspicuously. I giggle and walk out but bend down behind the counter to put my apron on. Still bent down I ask, "what can I get for you guys?" In a voice that didn't really sound like my own. Well I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with doughnuts!" He looked into the case. "Aww that's sweet..is she pretty?" I asked. "She is absolutely beautiful!" He said looking cuter than a puppy. "Wow thanks" I said rising from behind the counter. "Umm Veronica...you work here?" "Mhhmmm!" I smiled and responded. "Well so much that surprise!" I heard Phil mumble. "So dan, what do kind do you want to get your beautiful girlfriend?" He blushed, "ummmmmm..." He's so awkward which is adorable. "What kind do you want?" He stuttered. "Hmmm..I like this kind!" I respond on my tippy toes. "Which one?" he says looking down on the top shelf. I kiss his forehead and he backs away blushing. "Those kind!" I giggle also blushing. "NO MAKING LOVE IN MY DOUGHNUT SHOP!" Bob yells, not giving a damn. This ends my giggling and dan blushes loudly along with Phil who is also slightly blushing. "Well I guess you have a job to do.." Dan sighs, "I'll surprise you later okay?" He whispers across the counter "alright!" I say and he leaves. The shop is dead silent for about 2 minutes after they left and then erupted with laughter. On the verge of tears we decide to stop and actually do our jobs until 5:30 pm. "See ya bob!" I say as she leaves. "Good luck with your surprise!" She responds. I lock up the shop and walk, no just about sprinted home. I quickly took a shower and slipped into a cute little dress waiting for dan to arrive.