Where's Lucas

Third Person

The candle rested upon the wooden mantle, unburnt. The room was dim, with no windows to allow the natural light to reflect in. Frankie struck the match, and she stood back just a little, watching the new flame flicker its golden hue.

The flame burnt nearly amid the dusty wax, the tasteful mocha hues dull beneath the layers of years. At first, it smelled odd, as if the fire were digesting the dirt, then it was just the same as any other candle — orange flame, blackening wick and pooling wax.

"I'm not sure this is going to work?" Frankie asked, settling her body down on the wooden planks.

"You've done a seance before, right?" Lucas questioned, planting down the books Frankie collected. "Maybe one of the witches might know how to help Drew."

"Let's just hope they want to. When Taisla kidnapped me, she stole the ancient witches' powers, and gave them to me. Sometimes I hear their haunting whispers," Frankie explained, opening one of the grimoires which had a bookmark inside.

Frankie scanned over the spell before reciting it. " Phesmatos Manex, Un Domo Hax, Fero Adiuvex. Phesmatos Manex, Uno Domo Hax, Fero Adiuvex, " she continued chanting the spell causing the flames to thrive on the candles. The flame blazed around the room, catching Lucas's attention. The spell must be working.

"Franks?" Lucas's eyebrows were scrunched up as he stared at the dark brown-haired girl. Several moments elapsed. Her eyes flickered open revealing her chocolate eyes have evolved to rosy color.

Her eyes scanned the room while her eyebrows scrunched together. "Kaysar," left Frankie's mouth. "Why have you come here, Lucas?"

Lucas glanced upward, his mouth pursed but slightly opened and loose. His eyebrows furrowed as he blinked, pondering how this Kaysar knew about him. "I need your help," Lucas informed. "I need to know if there's a spell that can help a soulmate from dying."

Kaysar raised one of her brows, standing emotionless in front of Lucas. "No. Our job is to make sure everything is balanced," she answered.

"Is that true? Or are you just saying that so you don't have to move a finger," Lucas pondered, his tongue glazing over his lips.

"Perhaps it is his time to die," her pink colored eyes bored into his.

Lucas shook his head. "No, that's not balance. You're punishing us for Taisla's mistake. He doesn't deserve it," Lucas commented.

Kaysar tilted her head upwards, continuing her gaze with Lucas. "I will not give you what you want," she stated, crossing her arms on her chest.

"So you're saying that there's an answer to give? Please, if you have a solution, just tell me. Please help me save my friend," Lucas pleaded.

There had to be a way to save Drew, right?

Kaysar narrowed her eyes, lowering her gaze towards the forth then quickly back towards Lucas. She stood there with a blank expression before being attacked with an intense mirage. "Ahh!" Frankie was blinded with flashing colorful spots and craved darkness. The pain felt like someone had taken a knife to his skull. Squeezing her eyes shut, she willed the pain to go away.

Frankie tumbled to the ground, her hands gripping onto her head. "Ohh! They don't want us here," Frankie whimpered. "They think I'm violating their powers."

"They know something. There's an answer. They just don't want to tell me," Lucas frustratedly sighed, pushing his fingers through his locks.

"Yeah. . ." Frankie exhaled, still concentrating on the pain rooted deep in her head. "I kept hearing them whisper a name."