Lake House Getaway

Imogen 

"Are you sure you want to go?" Lucas asked.

"Yes, please, take me far, far away," I smiled into the phone.

"Even with everything that's going on?" Lucas questioned.

"Because of everything, I just want to get away," I explained.

"What about Frankie?" he asked.

"Rebel said that Katherine might know a way to stop Frankie's outburst," I informed him.

"Then it's settled, where would you like to go," he chuckled.

"My mother owns a lake house. I haven't been there since I was a kid," I said, reminiscing of my childhood memories. 

"Whatever you say, I'm just going to pack some clothes and then head out to get you," he answered.

"Okay," I smiled, jumping up from my bed and reaching out for a bag.  

----------------

The house is away from all the major roads and almost in the middle of nowhere, which made it a perfect place to escape too. Lucas parked his car by the entrance of the cozy home. Its untarnished natural wood creates artistic angles that meet as a roof and, along with the beautiful floral garden in the front, it is so virtually stunning that you can't help but get lost in it. I could hear the chirping of birds and the distant lapping of the water.

"I'll get the bags," Lucas said. I grabbed the keys from my pocket and walked up the path to the door. I opened the French wooden doors, wandering inside to find a living room containing a couch, coffee table with sets of games on top, few overstuffed armchairs, and a brick fireplace. It felt so cozy and homey. I heard Lucas' shoes thudding inside, I rushed over to help with the bags as he kicked the door closed. 

"The last time I came here was to celebrate my grandpa's birthday right before he died," I said, my eyes wandering around the familiar room.

"Do you feel okay to be here? Just say the word and we head out to another place," Lucas asked, walking behind me and rubbing my shoulders.

"Yeah," I turned, facing him. "I loved being here, I was just having a moment," I assured Lucas as he pulled me closer to him, his hands on my hips. I moved my hands to his neck, going on my tippy toes to kiss him. He pressed his lips to mine, and I immediately responded. Our lips fit perfectly together, he licked my bottom lip, I let his tongue go inside my mouth. I was sinking in his touch, letting his tender kiss overwhelm me.  

-------

I returned to my place of comfort, which was just outside the yard. I was at the edge of the lake, the pebbles under my foot. The serene environment of the lake granted me the escape I needed from reality. Looking up to the sky at the beautiful white birds that flew over my head and the stunning pink and purple sky that appeared too glorious to be real. 

The wind rushed through my hair, swaying the trees back and forth, making me feel like I wasn't alone. The water was calm and had so many different hues of blue, reflecting the bright sky, near the shore it was pale blue, nearly translucent, as it got deeper it changed from pale blue to deep dark blue. The scenery was as striking as paradise, and I couldn't help but soak in the colors of the different flowers around it.

Two pairs of muscular arms wrapped around my shoulders, taking my attention away from the scenery. He nuzzled his face into my neck, placing a few kisses on my cheek, causing a smile to emerge on my face. "Are you having a moment," he mumbled, placing another soft kiss on my rosy cheeks.