The Liar

{+}{+}{+}

   Adrien was doing some research on social media about his supposed "pregnant girlfriend."

He looked over her Silly Social Phrase account, wondering if he could find more information. Yet, it seemed that the brunette had only posted one thing after announcing that she was dating someone.

There she stood in baggy clothes and hair tied up in a ponytail. A sickeningly sweet smile across her face and hand caressing her protruding stomach. In her other hand, she held up her phone and took a picture, in what he guessed, was a body-length mirror.

The caption below said: "Hope he/she has his emerald-eyed stare and has my auburn brown hair."

   Adrien knew if Lila Rossi kept this charade up, it would draw unnecessary attention from gossip-hungry reporters. They crave and salivate on stories of celebrity's lives like a starving man wanting food. In lesser terms, there was going to be madness in the near future if he didn't do anything right now.

The ex-model was snapped out of his stressful thoughts when something began to rub against his legs. Adrien blinked in surprise before peeking under his desk to see the pretty Somali cat. It was as if the feline could sense his distress and trying to comfort him through motherly instinct.

The green-eyed teen smiled, reaching down and petting the kitty behind the ears. The red feline leaned into his touch. Adrien could've sworn he saw the cat smiling warmly at him.

   A low growl was heard coming from the other side of the room. The female cat and human male both turned their attention towards a ticked-off Plagg, seeming to glare at Adrien from the middle of the spiral staircase.

Adrien held up his hands in surrender and moved away from Plagg's mate. He didn't want to get on Plagg's bad side any more than he already was. So, he went back to what he was originally doing.

Knock knock

The blonde felt himself tense before quickly saying, "J-Just a minute!"

After quickly urging both cats into the bathroom (with some struggle with Plagg) and hiding all the cat necessities in a heap, Adrien scrambled over to the door. He was a little out of breath as he opened the door with a giant, odd smile and a light layer of sweat dampening his skin.

"Can I come in?" She asked. The teen allowed her to enter the room and shut the door behind him.

Nathalie stared at him for a moment before her eyes carefully did a quick scan of the room. She returned her gaze back to Adrien. Nathalie decided to lay off on her hunt for the time being. Her usual blank-slated look soon melted into one of despair. The teen noticed the change in atmosphere, growing worried for his temporary guardian.

"Is something the matter?" The blonde asked, concern laced within his voice. Nathalie seemed to be struggling with whatever she was going to say. Her mind was far elsewhere and a grimace structured her facial features. The air grew so thick, a knife wouldn't be able to cut through it.

Nathalie was really starting to scare Adrien. His heart pounded against his chest and fingers messed with the creases on his jeans.

"You might want to sit down for this," Nathalie informed. The blonde slowly sat down on his desk's chair and kept a careful eye on his guardian. Taking in a deep breath, Nathalie turned to face the teen.

"We're going to be moving somewhere else in about two weeks," The woman explained, making Adrien freeze in shock, "Your father's business finally shut down and the house implements are all gone except for your bodyguard."

The blonde teen tried to process this new information. He and Nathalie were going to move out from the only home he's ever known. He grew up in this house his whole life and it was his prison from experiencing the outside world. He made many memories here with his parents and others. Now, all of that was in the past.

Things were changing right before his eyes and weren't sure if he liked it yet.

"We're going to live somewhere much smaller than this mansion and close to my new job. Luckily, it's also close to the school so you can walk there without having me drive you there every day," she continued, "We'll bring in boxes for you to store your things in. If you want anything else, like from your parent's room, then go ahead and look around. Any questions?" the woman concluded.

   "No, I understand. It's just...a lot to take in," Adrien admitted. The woman gave the blonde teen a sympathetic look before leaving the room. Adrien let out the cats before letting out a long sigh. He fell back onto his bed and stared at the ceiling, forgetting about his earlier investigations.

{+}{+}{+}

   "You have an incoming call from your brother."

   Bright blue orbs turned towards the stern police officer standing outside of the jail cell. The criminal cracked a bright grin while the officer only glared at the man.

   "Come on, mister patrolman! Admit it! Out of all these losers, I'm your favorite!" The cocky male mused, only earning more silence. The officer opened the jail cell and let out the amused prisoner, handcuffing him.

   "Ouch! Somebody giving me the cold shoulder today. That's a bit harsh. Maybe, I should mention the fencing tournament in honor of the Tsurugi family. Would that get your panties in a twist?" The criminal chuckled, "You know, the one with the girl who lost and showed her dead grandparents' dishonor by losing the match."

The officer's eye twitched and dug his nails into the palm of his hand to restrain himself. This only made the prisoner more amused.

   "Shut up, Slade," the officer muttered, coldly.

"Oh! So, you do speak!" Slade chirped, childishly, "For a moment, I thought we weren't best friends anymore, mister patrolman."

"Do not lie to yourself. We were never friends," the officer spat, "And stop calling me that idiotic nickname."

"Whatever you say, Shan Tsurugi," Slade quipped just as they arrived at the phone booth.

{+}{+}{+}

*sips chocolate milk out of tea cup*
Ah, nothing like drama and everyone questioning what in the world is going on.

But, I am sorry for taking a while to update! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!