The Storm {3}

{+}{+}{+}

"I've gotta go, but I'll see you girls later in class," Marinette said before walking out of the library. Mylene watched the bluenette leave before returning her attention to Lila. She was amazed and mystified with all the exciting tales the brunette told of her experiences.

Mylene hoped that she would one day travel the world and visit many extraordinary places too.

"I have to go. This little fella and I need to get some food in our bellies," Lila said, rubbing her slightly round belly. The girls bid Lila a farewell and went back to talking about the dance. That's when Mylene noticed she was holding something pink in her hand.

Her large orbs locked onto the pink pencil in her hand.

"I forget to give Marinette her pencil back," she said her thoughts out loud. The girls paused in their conversation to look over at the rainbow-haired girl.

"Why don't you go catch her? She might still be walking around," Alya suggested.

"Since we have the same class next, I'll bring your bag to class so you can look faster," Alix insisted. Mylene nodded at both of them, thankfully before heading out of the library. She didn't know what class Marinette had next but hoped to run into her in the hallway.

   Mylene sighed in defeat when she was unable to find the bluenette anywhere. She figured she would just give the pencil back to Marinette tomorrow in class. The short teen headed towards her next class and was passing the entranceway when hearing talking outside.

   Mylene glanced outside the building to see Luka talking with someone. Mylene squinted her eyes in familiarity after seeing the girl.

   "Do I know her from somewhere?" Mylene thought. Her large doe eyes widened when recognizing the girl standing in front of the musician. Mylene knew that girl. She nearly dropped the pencil in her grip when the two teens outside drew close and kissed.

   Then, Mylene quickly made her way to class. Alix questioned Mylene on her pale-like features but only made an excuse.

   How was she going to tell Marinette?

{+}{+}{+}

   Marinette could feel her body tremble even when she was frozen in shock. The bluenette forced her face to smile, tried to look happy.

Yet, sadness settled within her pure bluebell orbs like a beautiful ocean with a dull storm looming overhead. Her broken smile wasn't able to fix itself, turning into a grimace instead. She tried to hold her tears in when they began to form on the outer shell of her eyelids.

The bluenette felt something in her chest throb painfully with every tormenting beat of her breaking heart. Her fingernails dig into the palm of her hand as she tried so desperately to keep her composure.

This all went unnoticed by a sheepish Luka, who scratched the side of his cheek. A little habit Marinette noticed over the years when he was unsure of something.

"You see, I've had to keep her a secret. She's kinda a big deal in Paris. We decided to keep our relationship a secret for the time being. That way, I don't have to deal with the paparazzi or reporters. I haven't told anyone else except for my family, but I trust that you can keep it a secret too," Luka chirped, picturing the girl of his dreams in his mind.

   Through blurry eyes, Marinette could see the utter admiration and love lighting up Luka's face. Marinette wished she could be the one that person. The bluenette wanted to be the one to make him melt at just the thought of her. She knew she was jealous but was too torn up and sad.