Summer Romance: Epilogue

*Epilogue* 

**One month later**

"Kelly time to wake up!" My mom shouts into my room. This startles me out of my half asleep state. Slowly I sit up and then I groggily rub my eyes. I glare at my mother as she leaves. Ugh, school is starting today. Can't wait to see him, the voice in the back of my head whispers. 

Only seconds later I hear,

"KELLY WAKE UPPP," from my younger sister Karli as she runs into my room. Her makefup fully done and wearing a long white blouse with leggings and boots. I fumble around for my pillow hoping to chuck it at her. She smiles at me and fortunately for her I found it a second to late because just as I start to throw she quickly makes her exit while slamming my door.

With a sigh I force myself up out of bed, throw on a sweatshirt, and put on some slippers,and then tread down the stairs slowly to eat my breakfast.

I turn the corner and the smell of waffles and fresh fruit is filling downstairs.

"We made you breakfast," my dad informs me pleasantly.

"It's your favorite!" My mother adds in excitedly.

"Great," I grumble under my breath. 

I walk over to the table and they place a huge plate of waffles in front of me. 

For a second I forget about all of the things that I had been dreading about this coming school year and just enjoy the smell of the waffles and the cool September air.

"You better get eating if you want to get there on time," my father warns me. Not having to be told twice I quickly drizzle on some syrup and then gobble down my breakfast in three bites, literally. 

Then I jump up from my seat, put the dishes away, and hurry up the stairs to become presentable(ish).

After putting on a loose grey sweater, some dark blue jeans and my brown boots, I move over to my vanity desk.

First I do my makeup, focusing a little more on my eyes than usual. Then I just go through the motions trying to keep everything else pretty natural. After that I move over to my already heated curling iron and curl my hair loosely... But somehow I manage to burn myself at least 7 times. After that I put in my pearl earrings and put on some sterling silver rings. My outfit was complete.

Finally after brushing my teeth and doing all of the basic stuff I look up at the mirror and stare at my reflection. I try to force myself to smile but it looks mangeled and doesn't reach my eyes.

"You can do this Kelly. You are a strong, independent girl who does not need him. You are better than that and as soon as he sees you he's gonna regret everything," I tell myself. I don't believe it, but I want to. Wow I felt extremely pathetic.

I take one last look in the mirror, grab my keys and run out the door to my car. 

I have the radio up as loud as it can go leaving no room for me to think anything... Then without any warning our song comes on, like jeez great timing. And the little piece of me that I had mustered up, that wasn't broken, fell apart. 

Tears stream uncontrollably down my cheeks. I had never wanted any of this to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen, not to me. How could this year already be so shitty. Like I shouldn't be crying right now, maybe for math, but seriously Austin why'd you have to fuck me up so bad I can't control my emotions. I turn up the AC to freezing and take a deep breath and try to get myself back under control. It doesn't take long for the tears to stop, unfortunately it took even less time for the mascara to spread. Always stick to water-proof ladies, always. I wipe angrily at it wishing that I hadn't just made myself an easy target. 

With a sigh I pull into the high school parking lot, and sloppily pull into a space. I glance in the mirror and frown. 

"There's got to be a way to fix this," I think to myself. Glancing at the clock I quickly rummage through my bag looking for makeup remover. My hand lands on it.

"Maybe today isn't going to be so bad after all," I mutter to myself.

After fixing my disastrous makeup I shakily get out of the car and make my way towards the commons area, and that's when I see it.

Him.

I take all of him in, the person I used to know so well. He's different I can't put my finger on it, but he's changed. Happier maybe? 

I sigh again and make my way towards him, more out of habit then actual desire to talk to him. Shortly before I get there I'm stopped in my tracks, because to his left, the place that used to be mine, is a new girl. 

My eyes sting in the corners. Hurriedly I regain my composure and rush into the building.

This can't be happening. This wasn't supposed to happen. I mean I knew that it would at some point, but it wasn't supposed to happen this fast. Oh my gosh this can't be real. I pinch my skin hoping to wake up. I'm seriously crying over this douchepants.

After that my day is basically a blur until free period. Thank the lord we weren't dating during the summer whe it was time to pick classes and finalize the class schedule or else I would've been seeing him more than I would've preffered. I'm going through the motions pretending to care about the rest of my friends summers. Jessica enjoyed her time in the Hamptons and Ella went to Aspen. Suprisngly everything with Ella was over with and all three of us were back to being best friends again, which was comforting.

When out of nowhere he appears, and my little group of friends become dead silent and take pity glances. 

"Can we talk?" Austin murmurs beside me. My friends glance around angrily ready to take him out if necessary.

"She doesn't have to talk to you," Ella snaps.

Jessica nods in agreement beside her and crosses her arms and her eyes narrow staring Austin down.

"It's fine guys," I say to my friends and the look at Austin and respond, "yeah I have a second."

He gives me a small hopeful crooked smile and my heart leaps with hope, but dies in that same second. We cross the courtyard and walk on the stone pathway without saying anything. He motions with his hand to a table and I nod my head slightly. We walk casually to the empty table, and sit there with our backs to the rest of the group. 

"I tried to call you." He starts.

"I know," I butt in.

"Okay," he says slowly lost.

Trying to regain control of the situation I say,"So what did you want to talk about?" 

"I started seeing someone new." He blurts. 

My cheeks blush angrily, I duck my head in a hopeless attempt to prevent the tears. I look away and put my hands on my cheeks trying to hide my face.

"That's not fair," he mumbles.

"What are you talking about?" I grunt trying to disguise my choked up voice.

"I still care about you, and seeing you hurting hurts me just as much." He stutters. He tries to reach out and touch but stops and instead runs the hand through his hair and coughs lightly.

My eyes grow wider that saucers that is definitely not what I had anticipated. 

After several never ending seconds he continues, "I'm doing my best to move on. But seeing you is making that really hard. Kelly I still love you. What ever happened to being to power couple. It was supposed to be me and you Austin Adams and Kelly Pitt the hottest senior couple."  He tries to lighten it up at the end.

"Well you broke up with me in the first place, if you don't rememeber. 'Second chance' to do things over remember?" I say back.

I lower my head down into my hands, and squeeze my eyes shut. This can't be happening. I don't even want to talk about this.

But then I feel a small pressure on my hand, and realize that he had taken it in his own and was gripping it tightly. 

"Kelly, I miss you. I know that it can never go back to the way it was.. But I still need you in my life," 

At hearing those words my heart begins to shrivel into an even smaller mass. But then I understand. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, and probably not next week there was still a chance for Austin and me. Until I really listen to his words, he only wants me in his life, he didn't say as his girlfriends. Maybe he wasn't quite ready to move away from us as quickly and needed a slow break, but in that moment I realized that I couldn't keep doing this to myself. Love doesn't hurt and shouldn't cause pain, I needed a clean break, completely free from Austin Adams.

"I'm sorry Adam but I can't. I don't want you in my life. Have fun with whoever you're seeing, I'm sure she's nice."

I grabbed my bookbag from the grass beside the bench and stood up and starting walking towards my friends.

A/N 
Hey guys! 
I'm sorry it's been so long, but this chapter was hard for me to write. I literally rewrote it four times, I just couldn't figure out how I wanted it to end. But here it is finally... I hope you guys like it! Thank you so so so so much for sticking with it for so long! I love you guys lots XX Ally 
And maybe someday there will be a sequel? Fingers crossed <3

don't forget to vote and comment! Writing with Ally has been so much fun!!! A sequel may be in the works but for now I think Kelly and Austin's story might be done....unless you guys are just dying for it to be continued ;) IN OTHER NEWS My new book will be released soon so keep your eyes out for that please :-) love you guys soooo much for all your support with this book it's been so nice to read your comments! thank you 

xoxo-Bianca