Summer Romance: Chapter 13

***Austin POV***

Just sitting there, with her next to me is driving me insane. My hand itches to grab hers, constantly. Everything about her is so achingly familiar. I wish for just one second everything could be the way it was. My grip on the steering wheel tightens and gently push the gas pedal making the car zoom past a few others. I glance to the side at Kelly. She still had her head against the window and wasn't speaking to me. My frown deepens.

What would make her want this? Sure our relationship had its flaws but there was more good than bad. Wasn't there? I sigh a little too loudly. I think back to our first fight.

****(Flashback)****

"No!"

Kelly pouts.

"Why not?"

I ask playfully, not realizing how angry she really is.

"Because!"

Kelly adds.

Invasively I prod and nose my way around hoping she'll spill what's going through her head. I creep my way behind her gorgeous figure.

I tickle her until neither of us can breathe. we both lay on the ground looking upwards. My arm underneath her head and my hand holding hers.Carefully, Kelly untangles herself and pulls away. I watch woefully as she walks off.

Why was she acting like this? What had I done? I shift from foot to foot trying to figure it out. All that comes to my mind is Ella.

Sweet, naive Ella. She'd never hurt a fly. At least she wouldn't in front of me. They had been arguing about something when I walked up to them at the park, and immediately quieted as soon as I was in earshot.

That doesn't make any sense.... There's only two things that would have made them quiet. The girls were  either talking about me. Or something worse. Shivers run down my spine and I stand up a little taller.

****(End of Flashback)****

***Kelly POV***

I reluctantly turn to Austin who seems distracted by driving. I bring myself to inch my fingers closer to his. Through the corners of his eyes he notices my movements but doesn't say anything. He lays one of his hands on the arm rest while he drives with the other. I only move my fingers every two to three minutes so he won't get suspicious. It was I who broke up with him after all.

I wish I could just go back in time and keep my mouth shut. There's probably a much more logical explanation for what was going on at the restaurant, isn't there?

His hand bumps mine, causing sparks to run through my whole body. Caving in I link our fingers. He lets out a suppressed breath and attempts to hide a smile. I can't contain myself, I start to cackle like a moron.

Cautiously Austin gives me a sidelong glance, he takes me in for a long moment before returning his eyes to the road. A second to late I might add.

"AUSTIN!"

I scream, as a car slams into the driver side door. It hits us with such a force Austin's car goes flying through the air and flips over three times before coming to an absolute halt.

** Austin's POV ** (Seconds before)

I stare at her without embarrassment and just take her in. Even though it had only been a few hours ago it felt like an eons worth of time had passed. Leaving Kelly and I to fix it.

Remembering that I was driving I switch my eyes back to the road, a second to late.

"AUSTIN!"

Kelly's scream jars me out of my surreal state.

A blindingly bright flashes a second before a force greater than anything I've ever encountered crashes into us. I grip her hand even tighter and wait.

I feel my stomach drop and Kelly's grip on my hand loosens. I grab hers all the more forcefully. My eyes shut close as I feel our car flip through the air and tumultuously lands upside down abruptly.

I  start to feel warm liquid run down my back. I knew immediately it was blood. I reluctantly open my eyes again, my breath begins to labor as I watch red flames engulf the other crashed car infront of us. I can't bring myself to turn and look at Kelly. This was all my fault. If I had just left like she told me to we wouldn't be in this position. She wouldn't be in this position. 

I let Kelly's hand drop and try to unbuckle myself to try to get us both out of the car. I'm able to unbuckle myself but the car door is jammed shut. We were going to roast alive if I couldn't open this door and save us.

"Austin..."

Kelly moans and moves her head around trying to move.

"Shh, Kelly we've been in a car accident. don't panic, OK? I love you and I'm so so so sorry."

I say, successfully without my voice cracking but that doesn't stop the tears from threatening to spill over. I get as close as I possibly can from the drivers seat. I grab her hand again and move her hair out of her face. 

"Austin, I can't. I can't..."

"What is baby? Tell what you can't do? Are you in pain? Please tell me Kelly."

I beg of her and i kiss her forehead and grab her face with my hands. Her eyes open fully and looks me straight in the eyes. Tears begin to fall and her face breaks down when she says,

"Austin, I can't feel my legs."

My heart tears open as I watch her struggle against my hold, as she starts to cry harder and harder and as she starts screaming out to God for help and that is all just a dream.

I feel my face drain of color, Kelly notices. She asks frantically,

"Austin, no, no, no. Stay with me, please. Austin!"

I turn towards her while she yells at me to stay with her and not to give up. 

"Austin ! Don't you dare leave me behind! Austin, I swear to God! Don't leave me! I said don't leave me!!"

Her voices cracks towards the end and she shakes my shoulder frantically. I hear sirens in the back ground. I can't help but smile and close my eyes. Help is on the way.

Shadows swirl behind my eyes. Flashing back and forth until they take over my vision. Leaving my world dark and empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*******Author's Note******

Hey guys! I'm begging you--- please give me some feedback. I would love to know what your opinions about this story are. How do you think I'm doing? XX ~ buswriters98

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

song on the side------>Red by Taylor Swift :) Her album comes out Monday and at Target you get 6 bonus tracks!! Gahh so excited lol 

XOXO Bianca