Summer Romance: Chapter 2

I woke up in my bed. I groaned and yawned largely. I don’t even remember getting into my bed. I look at my digital clock, the numbers read, 10:15. I get up and realize that I’m still wearing the same outfit from yesterday’s BBQ. I strip off the clothes and head off towards my bathroom. I needed to wash off all this paint and what smells like chlorine. I step into the shower turning on the hot water immediately running all over my body making me sleepy. I sigh and start to clean myself off.

I walked downstairs in a boyfriend sweater and running shorts and bright green running shoes. My mom looked at me and said,

“I bet you don’t remember a thing from last night. Am I right?”

“Guilty.”

I say with my hands up, I walk over to the fridge and grab the milk. My mom laughed and said,

“Well you were knocked out. Austin had to carry you inside to your bed. Your father says good morning, he had to leave early this morning.”

I nod my head and say,

“Really? Did Austin say anything? And remind me to call dad and say hello and good morning and stuff.”

I pour cereal into a bowl and then the milk. I twirl the cereal bits around a bit before shoveling a spoonful into my mouth. My mom asks,

“Hey when you’re done with that, go wake up your sister. She’s going to be late for summer camp. The bus leaves at 11:45”

“Yeah, sure thing.”

I say with milk dribbling out of my mouth. My mom hands me a napkin and says,

“So what are you doing today?”

“Well Jess and Ella really want to go shopping so I guess I’ll be hanging with them and around 8 Austin and I will have our usual Friday date night.”

My mom nods her head and asks, looking for her purse,

“Do you need any money?”

“$40?”

My mom raised an eyebrow at me.

“$30?”

“That’s better. Don’t you have any money saved up Kelly?”

I snorted,

“No, since when do you see me with saved up money?”

“Go wake up Karli”

My mom shook her head in disbelief at me and playfully pushed me upstairs.

I opened up my little sisters’ room. Karli is sprawled on her bed, her brown hair is everywhere and one leg is dangling from the bed. I smile and creep up to her ear and shout,

“Wakey wakey! Karli it’s time to wake up! Wake up Karli!”

Karli wakes up and sends daggers to me through her eyes. I smile and say,

“If you don’t wake up, I’ll start singing.”

“Alright! Alright! I’m awake! Now go away so I can get dressed!”

Karli yells and throws a pillow at my head. Who said having a sibling meant no arguing? I make my way downstairs. My mother looks my in the eyes says,

“You know when I ask you to wake her up I don’t mean like that.”

“Psft, you knew exactly how I would wake up Karli.”

“Mom! You wouldn’t believe how the devil woke me up!”

Karli came running down the stairs, threw her camp bag on the floor. Her hair half straightened. That girl moves fast, I swear I was just upstairs and she needed more than a shower to take care of that lions’ mane. She was wearing floral shorts and a white t-shirt with strappy sandals. Karli spots me and smiles sheepishly like she’s innocent or something and says,

“Didn’t you see you there Kelly.”

I roll my eyes and question,

“Aren’t you going to camp? Go change.”

“Mom-“

My mom cut her off and said,

“She’s right, go change into your track shorts and shoes. And hurry I’m leaving here in five minutes.”

“Fine.”

Karli replies, whining, and stomps back up the stairs.

Karli and my mom had long left the house and Jess and Ella had just texted me that they were outside. I smiled and looked at myself in the mirror by the door. I had curled my hair and put on a white dress with a brown belt and brown sandals. My toes and nails were painted a bright yellow, so they stood out. I grabbed my lip gloss and applied some. My eyes had mascara and some brown, sparkly eye shadow.  The car honked again and I made an evil face towards the door. I check around the house to make sure nothing was forgotten. I had my phone, my curler was unplugged and turned off, all kitchen appliances were turned off as well. I guess I was just being paranoid. I stepped outside the front door and locked it. I walked towards Jessica’s red, four door, Toyota and hopped in the back seat seeing as Ella had taken shotgun.

Jess looked at through her rearview mirror and said,

“Kelly, you take forever when you get ready. No wonder you and Austin are always late to all the good parties.”

Ella laughed and I said,

“Oh Shuttup, we were earlier than you guys yesterday.”

Ella turned around in her seat and said,

“At least we weren’t half awake at that party. I think you started to crash at around 9:45.”

“Whatever, who has a party from 1:30-10? That’s insane.”

We all broke into a fit of laughter.

Jessica asked,

“So Kelly, where off to? Need to buy a last minute gift for your Friday date night?”

Crap that had totally slipped my mind. Every Friday when Austin and I had date night we bought each other gifts. It wasn’t necessarily anything expensive but it was thoughtful.

Jess said half-laughing,

“Yeah that’s what I thought. What do you think Austin wants? You gave him a new wallet last time. Maybe a tie? Guys like ties.”

Jess started mumbling to herself but continued to drive in the direction of the mall, Ella turned on the radio and sang along to some new song, and I thought about what to get my boyfriend.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

*Author's Note*

So what do you think about Kelly's sister? Her friends? Picture of Jessica on the side

Song on the side, "Fight for This Love" by Cheryl Cole doesn't any real revelance to this chapter I just love this song <3