Chapter 26: I Think I Wanna Marry You

I squeezed you tightly from the side and buried my head into your neck.

"I want to marry you, too," I whispered.

"Really?" You asked.

"Really."

We sat there, glued to each other, breathing quietly.

"Did you doubt that I would want to be with you?" I asked gently.

"I guess I didn't know. I could see how it would be easy for you to change your mind once we got back. Maybe you'd remember all the creepy things I did and turn your back on me."

I sat up and looked you in the eye. "Zayn, I will never turn my back on you. I promise." I leaned close to you and pressed my forehead against you and whispered again, "I promise. We're together now for good."

"Good," you whispered, reaching your hand to my cheek and drawing my face even closer so that our lips were touching.

As soon as I felt your lips against mine, I kissed you passionately, pouring all of my emotion from the past few weeks into our embrace. You slid your hand further into my hair and kept me pressed against your mouth, opening yours just enough to tease me with your tongue. I loved the way you felt and tasted and I didn't want to stop kissing you. Ever.

I pushed against your shoulders lightly, pushing you to lie back on the couch. Then I slung one leg over your hips, all the while never breaking our kiss. You had moved your hands around to my back and slid them carefully under my shirt, caressing my back and causing goose bumps to form over my whole body. I moved against your body, causing obvious excitement for both of us.

I pulled away slightly to catch my breath and you attacked my shoulders and my neck with open-mouthed kisses, making me feel out of breath. I whimpered softly, feeling incomparable pleasure at just the feel of your breath on my skin. I couldn't even imagine how intense it would be when we made love. I was kind of frightened at the thought, to be honest. But I was also unbelievably overwhelmed by desire. I had never, ever wanted someone this way. No one else had ever touched me the way you did, and I had no fear of you being my first and only lover.

You kneaded the skin of my back and gradually moved on of your hands around the front. I lifted myself enough to give you access, and you cupped my breast, squeezing it carefully and exploring. This time it was you who made a small noise of pleasure at feeling something new.

It didn't matter that I was still wearing a bra, just having you touch me so intimately made me insane. "Zayn, I changed my mind," I panted in between kisses.

"About...?"

"I don't want to wait until we're married. I can't stand it. I want you now, oh god, I want you now," I said, practically growling. I surprised myself, both with what I said and with the intensity of my words.

You slowly moved your hand out from under my shirt and cupped my face in your hands. I was still lying fully on top of you, aware of the excitement that I had created in your body.

"I want you, too, love. But I think we should wait. As much as I am dying to make love to you right now, I think we should take it slow." You kissed the tip of my nose and I knew that somewhere deep down, I agreed with you, but it was very difficult to access the voice of reason just then. I'd probably regret it if we rushed right into sex and didn't save anything new and undiscovered for our wedding night.

"But if you want to," you continued, "we could get married tomorrow." Then you laughed a little and I felt your muscles tighten beneath me.

"Can we?" I asked hopefully. I wasn't entirely serious, but almost.