Chapter Forty-Five

[ HOLY FREAKING GUACAMOLE, THIS REACHED ONE MILLION READS! ONE MILLION! THAT'S SO FREAKING AMAZING, THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! YOU GUYS ARE SO INCREDIBLE THANK YOU(!!!) In honor of Take Me Home reaching 1mill, I whipped up this chapter for ya guys; it's not really a chapter than it is more of a flashback filler -- in my first draft of this story, i included the history of elliot and vienna but i took that out, and didn't realize that i did until just now, so here you go :) hope you enjoy xx ] 

[ song on the side is the awesome song "free" by rudimental ft. emeli sande, check it out! ] 

picture on the side is of little dylan o'brien and little willa holland! 

* * * 

ELLIOT JAMES

AGE SEVEN

I thought I had it all planned out.

My mom laid out all my clothes the night before. They were brand new and fresh out of the bag. I made my own peanut butter and banana sandwich and secretly stuffed two pudding cups in my lunchbox without my mom’s permission. My backpack was all set and ready to go by the door in the morning. It was a momentous, seriously important and life-changing day that would transform me forever as I knew it; it was the first day of first grade.

It wasn’t a normal first day of school either, because my family had moved to California barely a week ago. I had no friends. I didn’t know the way to walk home. I don’t know if I would have anyone to sit with during lunch. But I was ready to go, as ready as I would ever be.

I walked into Fischer Elementary School with my head high, hands nervously on my Power Rangers backpack straps. They were so sweaty, they could fill a cup of water. I was stomping my feet hard so my brand new Skechers would light up the hallways every time I took a step; I thought I was the coolest kid there. No one else had light up Skechers, but me. I grinned at that, feeling pretty proud of myself and my light up Skechers. I think a couple girls looked at me and liked my sneakers too.

I had no one to sit with during lunch.

Even though Miss Daniels’ first grade class had two tables assigned to them, I was the only one on the second table. I didn’t really mind that much. I kinda saw it coming. I made up my mind that tomorrow, I would make some friends. Tomorrow I wouldn’t be alone.

My sandwich suddenly started tasting funny, and I realized that I didn’t put peanut butter, but jelly instead. It tasted horrible. My pudding cups had leaked in my lunch box because they were stabbed by my plastic fork, so I didn’t have any pudding. At all.

My mom had tucked a dollar in my pocket in case of emergencies, and not having any pudding was definitely a red-code emergency. So I walked all the way across the cafeteria, wanting to buy a cookie instead. The only plus of Fischer’s Elementary was that the one dollar cookies were bigger than the size of your head and there wasn’t a single part of the cookie that didn’t have a chocolate chip in it. I grabbed one hot off the shelf, and was getting ready to pay for it when this girl walked right up to me, stopping me in my tracks. She stared at me for the longest time, and for some reason, she looked angry. At me.

I froze at the sight of her. She was wearing her brown hair in pig tails with this yellow polka-dotted sundress that had a red stain on it around her stomach. But what really made her stand out were her Skechers. They lit up too.

“Give me that cookie,” she said to me.

I looked at her like she grew another head. “No. This is my cookie. Get your own.”