Chapter 29

•Ethan•

"What was that you said back around when we were still hating on each other? Wasn't it; we should get to know each other before I topped you, or something like that?" I chuckled, still panting to catch my breath as I rested my arms behind my head.

"You also said that would never happen," Katski retorted.

I rolled my eyes at the hint of taunting snicker in his tone. "I said a lot of things. Shit happens, and my mind changed."

His soft laugh drifted along the cool night breeze, and though I knew there was something in there meant to tease me, I couldn't bring myself to care. I felt too good. Everything just felt so...right. Only that wasn't quite the word I was looking for.

"Obviously," Katski replied, smiling, "And true to the statement, I'd say we do know each other much better than we did back then, wouldn't you say?"

I fought to hide the grin threatening to give away my answer. Instead I remarked, "Yet even back then, you seemed so confident that I would be the one topping..." I drawled, sensing him still beside me. I smirked, "Makes me wonder; how many times you thought about it up until now..."

"I —" Katski shook his head from where he lay parallel beside me, but by now, I knew how to recognize the action for what it really was; a distraction from red-faced embarrassment. "Fuck you." I was certain if I looked over now, he would be that adorable bright colour that I swore did something to me every time I saw it — made me want it more. Not to mention it was pretty fucking cute — and usually when I said that I did not mean it as a positive compliment.

I chuckled quietly as he fought to regain whatever reply he was struggling to reel in. "That — I mean — I didn't..." He groaned, throwing me a spiteful glare. "Well, if I remember correctly, you were the one on top of me when that happened. I only said that to try and piss you off. It's...It's not like I spent my time daydreaming about you fucking me after that, ok?" he defended, huffing.

I smiled inwardly. And here I thought you were a better liar than that, Kitty...

He didn't sound convincing in the slightest. Not to mention I could sense the spiked pulse of his heart rate.

Still, I humoured him, and played (slightly) dumb.

"Either way, gotta admit, that was hella bold to say something like that to a guy you weren't even sure was gay — at the time I suppose," I added.

He shot me a flat look. "Well if you're not — that poses a bit of a problem for what we just did then doesn't it?" he said sarcastically.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, smirking up at the blinking stars.

Complete.

That was the word I searched for...

Everything felt so complete with him here.

It had to be somewhere between two to three in the morning by now, I figured, based on the faintly lighter shade of the sky. I knew we would regret it if we didn't go to sleep at some point, but for now, as long as he was willing, I was content just to lay out here for as long as the moon was still out.

"So, wolves have full moon claiming, huh?" Katski started, nothing harsh or taunting in his tone, merely phrased like a question. As if he wasn't sure it was something I was comfortable being asked more about.

Normally, no. But in this case, he quite literally had every right. I found I didn't mind either.

He was understanding and a good listener, and I should realize that more often.