Epilogue

DELAYED RELEASE OF THE NEXT BOOK (Orison)

Orison will not be released immediately due to certain issues. There were several reports of plagiarism and unauthorized distribution of Legend, which leaves me some mess to deal with before I can proceed with peace of mind.

Please do not repost my stories. Wattpad, Tapas, and my website are the only ones authorized to handle my books.

I will also be fixing my schedule to prepare for a shift in projects (as well as upcoming activities) in this quarter, so I'm moving things around. Chevalier, the last book of this series, is currently in its finale.

I will announce when Orison starts serializing soon. I don't expect it to be too long. Maybe a month or so.

Epilogue

Asthore sat before the Twelve, her eyes dried and puffy from all the crying, yet she strangely maintained her composure before them. Probably because she was holding on to the soul crystal Tod had left behind. They had taken cover inside the ruined family manor of the Loquin family while Marcy served them fresh tea and snacks after a long day. Just outside, under the cover of the night, Laz, being a Celestial Knight, had taken the initiative to command the knights sent as aid by the local government and was spearheading the scout of the city to fully check its current state. Courtney joined him, seeing as she was part of the noble family that was responsible for the place. The Twelve, on the other hand, had taken up the meeting room on a vacated wing and sat themselves on all the seats. A few of them chose to remain standing, specifically Zion and Tamara.

"Alright, it's time to uncover the questions and clear everything up. Everything has been horribly confusing." Elfre quipped, sighing as she tried to wrap her mind around what happened.

Corvan decided to start. "Based on my own deductions and past knowledge regarding demon nature . . ."

"Oh, right. You read that book about demonology." Valeriana whispered to herself, holding her palm close to her chest, a bit on the shaky side.

"Demons specialize in illusions, deceit, and manipulation of energy." He told them. "But they also have the abilities of 'trapping', similar to the concept of spider webs, hence they put up alternate dimensions that suit their needs along with their chosen 'victims', however, perhaps it didn't work that way much on Tod's favor. You should understand, Valeriana. It is similar to what happened during that incident in the bath."

Valeriana perked up as she heard her name being called and nodded eagerly, although she seemed lost at the moment.

This was when Charles came in. "Based on primary investigations, everyone in the city fell 'asleep' while Asthore and Tod themselves played under the illusion of a slowly crumbling city. The black snow that fell on that day had purposely done that job, putting all the citizens to sleep in exception for a few chosen to play out significant roles. Otherwise, they would've been chosen to fall asleep as well."

"Wasn't it possible they were immune to the spell which was casted?" Rowe suggested.

"No, that's impossible." Valeriana chimed, making all eyes turn to her. "Well, I heard Aden say that the demon did the same to them during the first time they led a revolt. He made them all fall asleep." She shyly cowered from everyone's gaze, feeling her heart hammering at the sight of their scrutiny.

"So he deliberately pulled them with him."

"Also, regarding that report of a city being overrun by demons . . ." Charles trailed off.