Chapter 6 ♕ Corvan's Familiar

ONLY READ THIS BOOK ON MY WEBSITE (mylovelywriter.com), TAPAS, and W(A)TTPAD.

Any other site does not have my express permission to post.           

Chapter 6 Corvan's Familiar

Valeriana and Corvan swam through the sea of bodies as quickly as they could, although Corvan soon found it irritating and chose that the roofs of the house were a better route for them to take. He pulled Valeriana with him like a rag doll, never minding that the girl felt as if her arm was being yanked off of its socket. He jumped into the air before landing gracefully on top of a flat-roofed house. Valeriana, however, ended straight on her butt in opposite to Corvan's elegant landing.

"Can you be gentler when handling a girl? Thoughtless bastard!" She exclaimed, struggling to get on her feet and find her balance. "That freaking hurts!"

"And you call yourself the fifth-ranker?" He huffed.

"I never asked for the title anyway!" She snapped.

"Insolence."

He turned and started running. Valeriana practically tripped on her own foot trying to catch up. "H-hey! Don't leave without me! You know I can't keep up with you! Jerk!"

Struggling, Valeriana decided to increase the pace of her jog, watching as Corvan skillfully shot off from his toes and landed on the roof of the next building. Shocked, she stopped just before the roof came to an end as well.

She peered over the tip of where she stood and stared at the dark alley down by the house which roof she currently stood on. The ground was a far trip, and it wasn't something Valeriana wanted to take—one certain reason was because it's one-way.

Taking a deep breath, she looked to the other side and saw Corvan raising a brow at her in challenge. He crossed his arms and just stood casually, aggravating her further. She puffed out her cheeks in frustration before blowing away the stray lock that fell on her nose.

She did a short examination of the place around her, especially the deep fall she would be taking if she ever failed, before taking another deep breath and walking back a few steps. She bent her knees in a running pose before shooting off and jumping over the edge.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion just then as she saw herself hovering over the other side. Corvan looked more than amused at her stupid attempt since instead of landing safely where intended, she ended up clinging to the edge with her arms while screaming.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna die!" She cried, feeling her feet dangle. She wanted the ground under her feet—no doubt it would be on her back or front or wherever she might land soon.

"Useless, stupid witch." The first-ranker muttered before be crouched on one knee and stared at the girl with a smirk, seeming to have no intention of helping her out of her current dilemma. "You look like someone from a comedy show, you know."

Valeriana angrily glowered at him. "Don't . . ." She breathed. "Freaking tell me. I know."

"Should I help you?" The sadistic grin got even wider the girl wanted to slap it off his face.

"Jerk! Jerk! Jerk!" She screamed. "I freaking hate you! I swear if I get out of this, I'll kill you!" She began muttering an endless stream of curses under her breath.

"Then I don't think I should help you." He stood up.

"Corvan von freaking Vaushna de la goddamned Wylden!" She cried, feet helplessly swinging.

The young lord looked over his shoulder while confidently cocking a brow. "I never knew my name was that long."

"You get me out of this . . . this . . . right now! Or . . . or I'll . . ." She trailed off, struggling to keep herself from falling.