Chapter 32 ♕ Act Out the Plan

Since Valeriana was the only one able to understand Tamara's familiar, she was assigned to 'infiltrate' the family mansion with Iolani while the rest of the group would do their part in the plan. It was a nerve-wracking task for Valeriana and knowing she wasn't that stealthy made her all the more worried of whatever outcome. If anything, she was clumsy and horribly bad in sneaking about.

Good thing Zion wasn't coming with her.

The guy kept on insisting he should come with Valeriana and the others almost took it into consideration—at least, Charles said he would, which gave him enough reason to cheer triumphantly. She remembered wanting to slam her face to the ground when she heard the news. Valeriana didn't want to be with her former enemy. Having her ears filled with his nonsensical compliments and persistent wooing made her want to snore and fall into a state of slumber until he disappeared.

Imagine her reaction when she was informed he would, instead, accompany them for a greater purpose. So, Iolani and Valeriana ended up as partners for the time being.

"Do you have any experience breaking into someone's house?" She asked Iolani, who was sitting on her shoulder.

They looked like a pair of idiots hiding behind bushes while gazing into the building in front of them. Valeriana could not hide wanting to get everything over and done with as fast as possible. She wasn't exactly fond of doing anything of this sort, although it did give her the thrill.

'Breaking in wouldn't be a problem at all, lheuim ansur.' Answered Iolani with a faint squawk. 'With this one's age, I assure thee that I have enough experience.'

Iolani somehow stuck out from her surroundings, seeing the color of her feathers. Her eyes seemed to glow under the dim lighting of their surroundings, making them seem more sharp and intimidating than how she normally saw them. The sun was already setting, and evening was steadily approaching.

"Oh, yeah?"

They watched as Zion—who she barely recognized—and the others made their way towards the door. Valeriana had her eyes widened for a moment as she eyed their attires before she covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"What in the—"

Elfre shot a glare at their direction, forcing Valeriana to keep her face neutral—although she failed. Zion looked more than irked seeing the clothes he was donned in and, somehow, Valeriana couldn't help but think just how sadistic Charles could be. He seemed to enjoy torturing the poor guy with his—she dare say—ridiculous plans. Of all the ways he could choose to infiltrate the mansion, he chose the most embarrassing method he had in his list. Probably purposely.

"Do calm yourself." She heard Raziel tell Zion with a depressed sign.

Zion was dressed like a pregnant lady, Elfre like a boy, and Raziel like a haggard father. All in all, they deviated from their usual way of presenting themselves.

'As much as I enjoy the show, we have something we are supposed to do.' Said Iolani. 'Make thy way to that large window with the bushes.'

Valeriana did as she said and stopped before the window she was describing. It was very advantageous, seeing as there were thick bushes she could use to hide herself should the need ever arise. Iolani was very dependable.

Elfre saw her move and took it as a sign to start. Hitting Zion by the arm, she gave everyone the signal to start. Raziel was very busy preparing himself for the act, tousling his hair—which was no longer orange and was dyed a dull color of brown—into a big mess while fixing the expression on his face to look haggard, pitiable—poor.