Chapter 13: "You Used Magic! It Was Super Effective!"

"Klaus help me!" I screamed, not knowing how much longer I could take this.

Why wasn't he hurrying? He knows I'm struggling right now.

"I told you to read the instructions." Klaus smirked at the door as I sat on the floor with bits off pale green wood surrounding me.

"The instructions were wrong. I am right." I informed him, looking back to what I had made of the cot.

It was a late Christmas present from Caroline. Well, from Caroline and Rebekah since they both decided to buy it for me.

Despite Christmas being almost 6 months ago, I accepted the gift like it was still the festive time of year.

I don't know why everyone left me to make the cot if I'm honest.

I'm rubbish at following instructions and I may I remind you I'm just over 8 months pregnant.

And yet still, no one helped me.

My back was beginning to ache all the time and I just found the most simple tasks exhausting.

I pouted as I sat on the floor and looked over to Klaus once again.

I shouldn't be asking for his help in particular since he's the bloody Dad to the baby but here I was, asking for it.

"Fine." He sighed, shaking his head and picking up the instructions from off the floor from where I threw them.

Whilst Klaus read through the instructions, I ordered all of the pieces in their number order.

"Well this is gonna be good." I muttered, scrunching my eyes up as I tried to sort out all the nuts and bolts that went with it.

I think I need glasses, my vision seemed to be deteriorating very badly and I couldn't see in the distance properly without squinting really hard.

"Just looking at the first instruction tells me that you've already got it wrong." Klaus laughed.

"You do it then!" I glared, standing up abruptly and stalking out the room.

The room we had chosen was right next door to ours. We also had some building men coming in, aka, Klaus' hybrids, to knock a door between our rooms so it would be easier and quicker to get in here.

"Stupid hybrid." I muttered, shortly followed by some curse words.

I feel like I've said those words too many times.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Klaus can put the cot together in a matter of minutes so it would be easier if I left him to it.

Our bedroom looked rather messy if I'm honest. I mean, last night I had a Harry Potter marathon where I watched all of the films.

I started at around noon and finished at around 3 in the morning.

Fun times.

The only reason why I could do this was because Klaus had to go out in 'business'.

But I know he's lying. I heard him complain to Kol about my annoying mood swings.

Sorry that I'm a hormonal, pregnant mess who is carrying your baby.

I think I said that out loud as I heard Klaus shout from the other room "If you were in my shoes you would feel the same."

"Oh shut up." I replied, picking up some empty chocolate wrappers and chucking them into the bin.

Well, once the wrappers were gone it made the room look a lot cleaner. I was just sorting out the bed sheets as the were all scrumpled up when there was a crash from next door.