Chapter 3: Hybrids. Hybrids Everywhere.

"Klaus can you slow the frick down. We will get to New York but I'd rather get there in one piece." I said to Klaus as he sped way over the limit.

Since the whole 'compulsion' thing, we had been to New Jersey, Chicago, Miami and now, we're on our way to New York.

None of these places my decision of course, all Klaus'.

"My apologies love." he smirked from the drivers seat. As he said that, he drove straight through a red light and cut off some other driver who honked their horn and cursed at us.

"For goodness sake man, stop driving like a maniac!" I shouted, grabbing onto the handle that was placed above the door of the car.

Klaus merely laughed at my fear as he continued to drive like he was mentally challenged.

To be fair, he had been acting like this since my compulsion so maybe it's a side affect?

It was a big thing to do to him... I mean, I only compelled Elijah to snap Klaus' neck so it wasn't much.

I made Klaus change his mind on something he was practically hell bent on changing so it may have made a few changes to him personally.

Let's just way he's been a lot more frisky in the bedroom department, but what can I say, I don't complain.

Sometimes I wish that everything was just normal you know? No vampires, no witches, no werewolves. Just plain, old, boring normal.

Well, I'm pretty sure Klaus would still be a narcissistic psychopath but who's perfect these days?

10 honks from from other cars later and we had arrived at New York. Klaus seemed to know exactly where he was going when he pulled up to the fanciest looking hotel in the area.

Apparently, the last time I went to New York was with Klaus when I got turned into a vampire for the first time. And before that it was with Kol when we were still together.

I still bugged me that I didn't have my memories. You would have thought by now that they would have come back right? Apparently not...

"Really Klaus? Five star hotel?" I said as we both exited the car which was kindly taken by one of those steward guys. My minds gone blank on what they're called so I'm gonna settle with 'the steward guy'.

"What can I say? I like standards." He replied, a small smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes at him as he held out his hand for me to take.

As soon as I slipped my fingers through his, he was pulling me into the main entrance of the hotel.

Decorations of gold and red covered the building with intricate swirls of the colours which highlighted the rooms many features. Including a fricking fountain in the middle of the reception and a humongous chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Ok, this is too high for even MY standards. But of course, Klaus just continued to waltz in like he had seen this a million times before.

Which he probably has since he's like a 1000 years old. Nice one Violet.

But the thing was, I looked so out of place. I was wearing bright blue skinny jeans and a 'The Whiskers Come From Within' t-shirt with some black converses.

No matter how many people deny it, Dan and Phil are Gods.

"Room for two please." Klaus said to the rather smiley lady behind the check-in desk. Her eyes sparkled with friendliness when she looked at Klaus but kind of got dimmer when she glanced to me.

"Penthouse suite sir?" She asked, pressing buttons on her keyboard.

"Of course." Klaus replied, a tone of smugness on his voice. They continued to sort out the room as I zoned out of the conversation.