Chapter 11: Christmas Shopping For Original Hybrids.

"Whooaaaaah, we're half way there! WOOOAAAAH! LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I waited for Klaus to come out of the convenience store.

We were driving to New York, of course, but we needed to make a pit stop for me.

What can I say, when I'm craving cheese, I need cheese.

So, Klaus was buying my cheese and I was sitting in the car, screaming Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs.

He had been a long time in the shop so I suspected he was feeding off some random person.

I didn't feel bad about it since I didn't know the person. Horrible, I know, but I'm sure someone else would be the same.

I was half way through the second verse when the door abruptly opened and Klaus just stared at me as I quickly silenced.

"Uh.." I muttered, trying to act casual.

"You know, vampire hearing comes in handy these days." Klaus smirked as he sat down, placing a bag down on my lap.

"Oh god." I breathed, looking away from him and distracting myself from looking through the bag.

The three boxes of cheese twists which immediately made my stomach rumble.

God this was like heaven.

Klaus had already started driving and we were soon going over the speed limit in the direction of New York.

I quietly munched on my cheese twists whilst avoiding eye contact with Klaus.

Well at least my cravings are gone.

After about 10 minutes of silence, Klaus finally broke it

"So what did this Ansel character say to you?" He asked, his eyes not leaving the road ahead.

"Well... he was pretty secretive and was surprised when I said you were my boyfriend." I thought hard of what happened that day. It wasn't even that long ago but I was finding it difficult to remember.

"I asked him why he was helping me, and he said something about 'doing it for family' or something like that."

"What did he look like? Anything particular that you can remember?" He questioned and I thought even harder.

"Um." I knitted my eyebrows together and tried to remember.

He had brown hair, British accent, fairly well built. Oh wait, he had a tattoo on his arm if I remember correctly.

"He had a tattoo?" I offered, as is asking if that was any help "On his arm."

I distinctly remember his shirt sleeve rolling up when he was checking Kalum before I left and it was half hidden.

Klaus sighed slightly and I noticed his hands tighten on the steering wheel.

A buzz from my pocket distracted me and I pulled out my phone to reveal a text from Kalum.

"Ansels not in New York, I got word that he was in Nee Orleans, sorting out a wolf problem."

I narrowed my eyes and felt nervous.

Klaus and I hadn't spoke of New Orleans since we left there.

Oh well, I suppose I should tell him now.

I quickly replied to Kalum before taking a deep breath.

"We aren't going New York." I said and Klaus laughed

"I think you'll find we are."

"No, I just got a message from Kalum. Ansel is in New Orleans." I informed and Klaus paused.