Chapter 13

It took a second for Lux's words to digest, but as soon as they did, rage filled Ahsoka's eyes. Lux had been right, Ahsoka was not very fond of the suggestion. She immediately whipped around. Lux scrambled out of the chair he was in and hid behind it. Ahsoka picked up the chair and flung it across the room like it was nothing. She then picked up a fear stricken Lux via the force. She started to close her hand, and the airflow to Lux's lungs diminished as he began to choke and gasp for air. Ahsoka smirked seeing his helplessness, she could feel herself beginning to be consumed by something dark, but she didn't care. Lux deserved this.

"Give me ONE reason I should even consider making up with the likes of you," Ahsoka seethed.

Lux, obviously, could not respond due to Ahsoka's grip on him. He took in a raspy breath and pointed to his throat. Ahsoka snapped back to reality and saw what she was doing. She was letting the dark side consume her, she was seeking revenge. While she was no Jedi, Lux didn't deserve to die for what he had done. She gave up her grip on Lux and felt the dark presence leave her body. Lux collapsed to the ground and took short, rapid breathes before returning his breathing to a normal pace. He slowly staggered to his feet and brushed his clothes off.

"Well? I'm waiting," Ahsoka said impatiently. She just wanted to get out of the same room as the man, even if it meant fake making up with him. She wasn't sure how long she'd be able to contain herself before having another outbreak like that.

"I think you've got this twisted Ahsoka. It's you that should be apologizing to me," Lux said calmly and matter of factly. Ahsoka was taken aback, he had the AUDACITY to say that? She opened her mouth, but immediately closed it, she had no clue how to respond. Lux took a step towards Ahsoka, causing the togruta to step back a bit. Lux then continued speaking. "I don't think I was in the wrong that night. I think I had a right to be mad about everything from the hickeys to the late nights to seeing you kissing someones else. And that's just what I SAW! How do I know you weren't out there just sleeping around like some high school slut huh?" Lux had started out calm, but his voice raised with each word.

Ahsoka was reeling, she was at a loss for words. However, she finally felt words enter her mind, and she opened her mouth to speak. "Don't you DARE make this out as all my fault. YOU kicked me out. YOU said you never wanted to see me. It's YOUR fault Carys grew up without a dad."

"Ahsoka I loved you. I loved you more than anything. I would have done anything for you, and that's why I was so hurt by everything I saw." Lux slumped back down in the chair and looked at the floor, no longer making eye contact with Ahsoka as tears started forming in his eyes. "Immediately after I said those words and you ran out crying that night, I regretted it. I went searching for you, but it was too late. These past years I spent my time contemplating what could have been had I been more civil that night, hoping, praying that one day I'd get the chance to make it all better."

Ahsoka could feel tears threatening to spill from her eyes. The way he spoke... he really cared for her, and she played with his feelings. She wanted to be mad at him, to tell him it was all his fault that they were in this position, but she knew that wasn't true.

Ahsoka stayed silent for a time, just thinking. She thought about everything that had happened between her and Lux. She thought of her times at the bar she had definitely had too much to drink and made some stupid decisions. She had really hurt Lux. He had stayed with her through all of it because he loved her so much, and Ahsoka had kept pushing the limit, and it had cost her. Ahsoka never realized how much she really loved him too until it was over. She never wanted to accept that part of it had been her fault, so she blamed it all on Lux to save her own ego.

She thought of what could have been had she been less... childish almost. How they may not even be caught up in the front lines of this war. They could have stayed as under the radar rebel spies and had a real family. Carys could have had a father, a normal — well semi-normal with the reign of the Empire — life, not having to constantly move, she could have friends her own age. Unbeknownst to Ahsoka, her tears had now started to flow down her cheeks.