Chapter 7: Mistakes of the Past

This chapter is dedicated to cuwakw8658

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Thanks for reading my books since day 1 I started everything.

(Her birthday's passed but I'm not editing this out lol)

~

The autumn leaves always have looked particularly beautiful in the morning, and I'll say that over and over until I'm deceased and rotted up six feet under ground if I have to. I can't express how much I love Autumn; The fresh breeze that gushes unknowingly every now and then, the euphoric feeling when I kick a stack of fallen leaves. It sucks that this one time, I can't be enjoying it having to walk miles to the schoolhouse.

Never have I thought I would actually miss that school bus but here I am. I never really was fond of that tangy yellow colored beaten-up bus. It was the lack of cleanliness and not to mention with the lack of kindness amongst the students, especially the snarky comments from those annoying school cliques (and by cliques I meant those obnoxiously annoying popular kids who thinks they own the place).

The sound of hurried footsteps running towards me became closer louder as it got closer, "Wait up," I heard someone call out. Stopping in my tracks to wait for the person who called me, Josh came to my side. Forcing myself to hold in the groan (which was just at the tip of my tongue, by the way), I plastered on a smile.

"Lovely," I said, the words coming out more venomous than I had intended it to be.

"What?" He asked. "Not happy to see me?" It's not that I hate the boy, it's just during these past few days I've been here, he's been so stuck on the date thing. It was cute. He was determined and I find that adorable- but then it got to the point that it was just insufferable.

"It's too early for this,"

"I just wanted to say, you look great today,"

"Oh so on other days I look horrible?" I asked as we walked our way to the gateways of hell. Oh sorry- I meant school.

By his expression alone, It didn't seem he received my joke. The panic in his eyes started to rise and, (without sympathy) it was funny. "N-no I didn't mean that... I-," he rubbed the back of his neck. During the few days here, I noticed how he would scratch or rub the back of his neck. It's all he does. Does this boy have flees or something?

"Chill. I was joking," I laughed. The boy rolled his eyes at my behaviour. We tend to roll our eyes a lot when we are together. I like to think it's our way of bonding, maybe then we would eventually find something in common.

"You make it very difficult to be nice to you," he commented.

"When it's easy, it isn't fun," I stated. We stayed silent for a few moment. Sound of the crunching leaves we step were satisfying and distracting enough to fill the soundless walk but I felt uncomfortable. Like I just wanted to burst out of awkwardness then crawl into a hole and die.

Rubbing my hands together, I bursted feeling the need to break the silence, "Question," I piped up.

He faced me, "hm?"

"How old are you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"No specific reason,"

"Then I'm not telling,"

"Fine then. I'll guess." I surrendered, "30?" Once again, he rolls his eyes as at me. "Quit the eye rolling and just tell me your age,"