Chapter 2: Forward to the Past

I like my style. My friends would call my style 'vintage' or sometimes, 'oversized' but personally, I was aiming for 'anything comfortable'.

Fashion has never been the most important thing. I'm not the type of person that likes to look at people and judge their sense of style. Everyone has different interests meaning different styles for each individual. What's even horrible is how people say guys can't do it too because fashion is a 'girl thing', is that what the world has really become?

cargos, baggy jeans, comfortable sweatpants oversized sweaters and hoodies, and loose crop tops are the way to go. But As much as I love oversized clothes, sometimes I like wearing tight clothes too. Not all the time, just some times. I took my sports bra, yoga pants and cami crop tops.

Sometimes, I don't understand society. When we wear outfits that are baggy and oversized I get called out because it wasn't 'ladylike'. But when I try wearing tight clothes I get catcalled and is 'asking for it'. I finally decided to stop worrying about what they think and just wear what I like. Because honestly in life, there's always people who's going to hate you so at least do what you like when doing it.

I heard it was really cold in Avonlea. I brought

After being done with clothing, I moved on to hats and shoes. I decided to not bring Jewelry, I won't even have time to wear them. They're too stuffy and always choking me anyways, there isn't any use for them. For hats, I took my favorite beanie, which is just a plain old black one. And for footwear, I'll have to bring my high top black converse.

"Should I bring a bag?," I asked myself "you know what? It doesn't hurt to be prepared for life," I replied my own question.

I walked over to my bag hanger to choose a bag. My first instinct was taking the backpack but just when I was about an inch close to grabbing it, I took my hand back and opened safari on my phone. I wanted to type 'when were backpacks invented' but my thumb just had to slip and instead, I typed 'when werr backpacks knvented' I groaned thinking I had to retype it but what I was searching for popped up either way.

"1938? how do they carry their books around then? Yikes," I cringed thinking that they had to bring by hand. I decided on bringing my tote bag since I think it's the one I won't get so much attention from and is very easy to bring everywhere too.

After fitting all my clothes into a duffel bag, I realized it didn't fit everything so I took another duffel bag to put the rest of my things. I thought I was done but then I realized that I still have to put my laptop, chargers and all that.

After tackling everything, I ended up with two duffel bags and a small suitcase. The suitcase still had some space into it so maybe I could fit something in there. I suppose I should bring makeup but I'm not that much of a fan of it. But they do hold balls in the 1800s. Just in case.

The sun was about to set and I was cleaning up my room. I was debating whether or not I should take down all the decorations, polaroids and also my LED lights in my room. I wonder if I could bring them. Maybe I could ask mom and dad.

"Azalea? Dinner's ready," someone told me from the other side of my door. I suppose it was my maid, Juleka. She's probably around 30-ish years old. She was a maid for my grandmother then and now was a maid for my mom. I try my best to not treat her like a maid or at least below me. I have been so horrible to her when I was younger, but When I turned 13 two years ago, I tried to become a more mature person.

"Yeah, coming," I informed and then footsteps were heard getting farther and farther away from my door. I got up from my bed and went out the door. I sat on the right side of the table while my mom and dad sat on the left. No one sits at the edge because we're a family here, not some prissy royals.