Chapter 6: First Days

Oh wait- you're still reading this? I thought you would probably quit at chapter 2 or 3, well, Thank you for sticking around!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~

This morning I had taken a random and empty notebook, a pen, a burrito I made last night and a bottle of water for school. My parents insisted on Max walking me to the schoolhouse considering I had no idea where to go. Like I said, It was very confusing without any signs of buildings to remember, not to mention I've never actually came to the school.

I told him he didn't have to pick me up later on since I think I knew which way to go now (underlining think). As he went his way back, I walked towards the school house. There were kids around playing outside. Some were very young, around 5 to 12 years old. The kids were told to go in from the back door by a teacher, possibly because there was a class there for the elementary and middle schoolers? It was a very small school that was sure. Now looking at it, The Barry's Manor seemed bigger than the school.

I took a deep breath before stepping inside. The room was loud- filled with chatter and laughter from the other students.

"Azalea!" Anne exclaims. All my worries lifted before me. I forgot what Max had said. 'Only one school in all of Avonlea.' She ran towards me and drags me to the side "You can hang your coat, hat and your bag," grabbing my coat open and hanging it, she immediately tugged on my arm and dragged me towards the other girls, her friends I assumed.

"Azalea, this is Diana Barry," a girl with raven black hair smiled at me. Barry, huh. She looked so... classy- I was impressed- these pinafores made you look like a maid and yet she was able to pull it off making it look so rich. "she's my bosom friend," Anne whispers. Literally- what is she saying. A bosom friend? A kindred spirit? I have never yet to hear those words being used before.

"This is Jane Andrews," A girl wearing a pale yellow dress smiled. She had frizzy light brown hair that was set into curls that fall to her chest. "And Josie Pye," this one was looking at me suspiciously but carefully hiding it with a smile. She had long blonde locks and was wearing a purple dress under her pinafore. For some odd reason, they look familiar. Looking away to think how they were familiar, the realization hit me, they were the girls who were chasing me at the picnic.

"And Ruby Gillis," She was a cute one, really. Shortest out of the pack. Dreamy, lovesick eyes focused on somewhere else.

"...And Tillie Boulter," Tillie was wearing a green dress. She had a cheeky smile and was the tallest one out of all of us.

"Everyone, I announce to you my new kindred spirit I met at the forest, Azalea Martin, I am sure you will all be good friends with her as well as I did,"

"Hello," "Nice to meet you," they cooed altogether.

"Hey," I greeted simply... and awkwardly. I was more uncomfortable looking at the eye Josie sent me. She kept looking me up and down for some odd reason. Was she... Bisexual? Or does she just hate my guts?

"Bark bark. Woof woof," a boy barks, imitating a dog. He walks over to us and looks directly at Anne.

She takes a deep breath, "Billy Andrews, you are ridiculous," She stated, not giving him eye contact.