Chapter 12

Brooks POV

I stare down at Lysander, his face covered with thick crimson blood, and his eyes pure black, lifeless, i try feeling for a pulse my search comes up with nothing "he's gone" not daring to utter the word that feel like poison on my lips, a tear trickles down my face as i turn him over and see the mark on his back, his skin peeled off of his muscles sticky with blood showing the simple symbol echoed on my back, he was my mate, big heart-filled sobs tear out of my body, my wolf howling in pain, i lie on the ground next to him, on instinct i cuddle up into him, the feeling of him is foreign yet comforting, i slowly drift into an endless sleep next to my mate, laying down my heart shattered into a million pieces.

Bastian POV
I followed Lysander into the room next to the one with brook, rage consuming me, she was too good for him the least he could do was explain to her why he refuses to be her mate, i begin to hit out at him my anger pure and red burns through me, my wolf caspian on edge trying to break free, i was about to hit another blow at him when he collapsed onto his knees blood pouring out of his eyes, to say the least i was terrified i called out his name worry laced in it, my voice must of brought the others in because the next thing i notice is brook screaming his name, lee lay cowering into the side of lysander and Ty sitting on the floor his head in his hands rocking like mad, he looked like he was losing it, Xander began muttering incoherent words it was scaring the shit out of all of us Brook the most she was almost tearing her hair out, i figured she must be feeling his pain yet maybe seeing what he sees, just as i thought that i saw brooks eyes glaze over dropping to the floor in sync to lysander's heavy body, they both lay on the floor for about a minute, all of us stuck rooted with shock, we were snapped out of it by the small sobs of brook she crawls over and begins frantically searching for a pulse, a bit of hope wells up in me, maybe he is okay, but my hopes are shattered when she utters the words "he's gone" her voice lifeless broken and destroyed, i hear Ty's giggling nonsense at her words realising he is losing his mind, lysander is just staring at his brother the same look in his eyes of pure defeat, i feel lee lay curl up into me my arm securely rapped around her, in depth to not lose anybody else i care about, brook turns Xander over, the sight makes me looks away, his skin is hanging off and a symbol is scratched into his taut muscles, his mark.
i slowly walk away lee lay in tow, dragging the twins away as well, giving brook some time on her own.

I Am stopped half way up the stairs by a mind link.

"I am not dead"

A growl escapes my lips and my hand smashes a hole in the wall,

"you fucking sicko don't you care about her!"

The voice that answered was so cold and evil i new it wasn't him

"No"

Brooks scream echoed through the house, i slammed against my door desperate to get out and help her but the door wouldn't open, i roared in rage!

"A pure evil being too old and powerful it has no name"

echoed in my mind weakly i noted it to be Luca;

Xander is possessed.

I smelt blood.

I smelt evil.

There back.